More Power For A 92 Grand Am Gt - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2003, 08:59 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

More Power For A 92 Grand Am Gt

My son wants to add power & performance to his '92 Grand Am GT. I can make my way around a regular motor pretty well, but once it starts getting all that computer stuff on it I get lost. His car has the multi-port fuel injected v6. Can he add a chip? can he add some sort of air induction system? ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2003, 12:28 AM
Laissez les bons temps rouler

Last journal entry: Frame Removal
Last photo:

Hit up www.n-body.net and go to the forums. The Grand Am, Malibu, and Alero are all built on the n-body platform, and that site is dedicated to them. The guys on there are very knowledgble about these cars and will help you out with anything you need.

Which engine does the car have? 3100, 3300, or 3400 V6? I dont think the 3400 came till later, but I'm not to positive.

The easiest thing you could do is a Cold Air Intake, and Exhaust. The intake you can get from several places: www.pfyc.com , www.rsmracing.com are just a couple, there are more I just don't know them.
The easisest way to do the Exhaust is to replace it with your favorite brand in a Camaro style muffler, single IN, dual opposed OUT (does that make sense?). And use 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 inch piping.

The chip can be reprogramed too: www.ase.com But it requires sending it off to them to get done, I believe it cost around $300

There is actually a lot you can do to these cars, just have to go to the right places. Deff go to www.n-body.net, we will help you. I am malibucdl over there as well.

Chris

Last edited by Malibucdl; 08-25-2003 at 12:39 AM.
Old 08-25-2003, 01:03 PM
Analog man in a digital world.

Last journal entry: HEI comparison.
Last photo:

If it has the 3.3 the easiest thing to do is swap in a 3.8 of the same vintage. The 3.3 is basically a "baby" 3.8. Then do the chip, cold air intake and exhaust. That's how I'd do it anyway, you can usually pickup a bent low mile '95 and earlier LeSabre with a Series I 3.8 at your local salvage auction for cheap. Most of these were"Granny" wagons so the motors weren't abused. I have a '94 LeSabre with 143,000 on it and it runs like it had 43,000 on it.
Old 08-25-2003, 01:26 PM
Tire Fryer

Last photo:

Here's a couple of other possible sites that might help...

http://www.grandprix.net
http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant.m...tegory_Code=GA
Old 08-25-2003, 10:04 PM
Laissez les bons temps rouler

Last journal entry: Frame Removal
Last photo:

If you do decide to swap for a series 1 3800, try to find one with a supercharger, and make sure you grab the tranny, computer, and all the wiring that goes along with it.

Also remebered another supplier: www.mantapart.com
If I remember anymore I'll post em up.

Chris

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.