Hot Rod Forum banner

more sad news from the junkyard :'(

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  eloc431962 
#1 ·
Okay guys, here is another sad car that hurts me because I grew up with studebakers amung other cars, havin three 62 gt hawks and attending anything studebaker related in the area since I was a kid.. This car looks like some old guy had it and died so his family junked it.. carb was rebuilt and valve covers were repainted not too long ago. car is a 64? Studebaker Daytona, 289 V8, automatic, 4dr and this car had ZERO rust on the back end and only slight rust on the front fenders.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
I see cars all the time at the local Pick-n-pull that make me want to cry. A while ago there was a super solid, original paint ZERO rust 70ish Chevy pickup. It had a wasted quarter panel (bolt on and they reproduce it) and a door was rough but repairable. It was a crying shame. Then how about the 55 Buick Super! My brother and I got all the good stuff off that we could but what a shame that it ended up there.

Brian

#9 ·
I'm pretty sure the 64's used the Chevy 283's as a cost cutting as a last ditch. Funny thing, being rare doesn't make stuff valuable which is sad. A 57 Chevy that sold millions, great collector cars, figure that one out. The good news that you can probably buy a perfect ultra rare 56 Golden Hawk cheaper than a 57 Chevy. I own a 52 Willys Areo coupe, rare as hell, not worth much. A friend of mine was trying to sell a mint 327 powered Lark, gotta be rare as can be, I think he can't give it away.

#12 ·
#15 ·
Thanks a lot guys, really I appreciate all of it. Also, yeah Idk where I'd be without my parents, I guess my dad taught me (or tried to) a lot about respect and it did sink in, I've always had respect for vintage tin, they just don't make them to have character anymore, thanks again guys.-Alex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.