Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - More TQ than HP???
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 09:08 AM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballerokid View Post
If I were to get better heads and improve the flow, I could bring up the HP figure and the torque figure would more than likely come up equally if not more in relation to the HP number? So I guess I'm saying, would it be possible to squeeze 350 hp and 400-425 tq with this cam but better flowing top end?
Gaining 100hp is a tall order. A good set of heads, an RPM intake, and 1.6 roller rockers would probably get you around a 75hp gain- which is still damn good for such a mild combination.

A small problem is that you have a 3.5cc dome, and most performance ehads come in at 64cc's. There are a few out there with larger chambers but your selection is more limited.

Also, was this enigne dyno tuned or just ran on a dyno? If it wasn't properly tuned you could have an easy 20+hp right there.

With your highway gears I wouldn't worry too much about peak power though and focus more on getting as much tq/power as you can between 2,000 and 4,000 rpm as that's where you'll be doing most of your driving.