Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - More TQ than HP???
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 11:26 PM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballerokid View Post
Thats great and all but thats not much cheaper than going the blower route. That route would be roughly $4000 all said and done. The blower route would be about $4,500 - maybe $5,000 plus with the blower I'd probably have the potential to make nearly 600hp??? If I would need to go big, why not go all the way? I'm just asking... for all the work I would do to replace all that and make that kind of power, why not throw the blower on it and make more hp for only $1000 more? Now if we're talking like $2000 or more difference I could see not going all out and maybe staying a little more conservative, but $1000 idk. I haven't made my mind up yet because it is still only a 2 bolt main motor. There is still a 3rd option on the table... throw this out all together and weld in an LS motor for that price with a decent turbo. Idk...
you should be able to upgrade cam and heads for about 2000 and maybe some change for other updates if needed. I could hang a set of reman garrets on the tbi for about the same. blower would be 5 g's and will make your problems worse.

Did you check the DCR, CR and SCR are good but the dcr will tell you if its going to knock and how you can add a little cam to fix it. or take some away to max the torque peak. But I am not the best person to explain dcr maybe someone else can jump in on that one.

motown world of products heads with 210cc runners and comp magnum 294s flat solid cam unless you have roller already with high compression is a great combo but its not going to work for every engine. got to figure out the dcr then go on the safe side for pump gas and higher rpm heads.

Hope this helps.