MOREL 4602 lifters OE roller block.. - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2014, 08:06 PM
CNC Blocks Northeast

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0trbo4myCHEVUICK View Post
Thanks guys, I bought the 4602's for 499$.
Good deal what company had them?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2014, 08:22 PM

Last photo:

Brian tooley racing's website is where I bought them. Hope its legit because they are 6 to 700$ everywhere else, that I have seen.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:23 PM

Last photo:

Briantooleyracing.com
Old 02-14-2014, 04:36 PM

Last photo:

They arrived today! No part number on the lifters themselves.. look nice though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140214_172916[1].jpg
Views:	29
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	121329   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140214_172848[1].jpg
Views:	32
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	121337  
Old 02-14-2014, 04:42 PM
CNC Blocks Northeast

Last photo:

Quote:
They arrived today! No part number on the lifters themselves.. look nice though.
I can tell by the packaging that they are a Morel lifter. Let me know how much you have to machine off the top of the lifter bores LOL

Those will work fine in your block!!
The Following User Says Thank You to CNC BLOCKS NE For This Useful Post:
0trbo4myCHEVUICK (02-15-2014)
Old 02-15-2014, 02:08 PM

The problem with a Vortec roller block and a high lift camshaft is the lifters dropping out of the lifter guides when on the heel of the cam lobe and the bottom of the lifter flat hitting the lifter guides at full valve lift. That concern will apply to any camshaft with more than 0.350" lifter rise and a cam lobe base circle smaller than 1.150" O.D.

Since you chose retrofit link bar lifters to use in a roller cam block you will not have a issue with lifter guides. I see no problem if the link bars do not hit the tops of the roller lifter bores when the lifters are on the base circle of the cam lobes.

The Comp Cams camshaft in my engine has 0.334" lifter rise and 1.190" O.D. cam lobe base circles. No problems.

Crane Cams 10535-16 is a longer roller lifter for use in 1987-1999 4.7L roller cam blocks. Those lifters can solve the problems when using as camshaft with lobe lift greater than 0.350" and cam lobe base circles less than 1.150" O.D. Those roller lifters cost about $700 at Summit.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:37 PM
CNC Blocks Northeast

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseFink View Post
The problem with a Vortec roller block and a high lift camshaft is the lifters dropping out of the lifter guides when on the heel of the cam lobe and the bottom of the lifter flat hitting the lifter guides at full valve lift. That concern will apply to any camshaft with more than 0.350" lifter rise and a cam lobe base circle smaller than 1.150" O.D.

Since you chose retrofit link bar lifters to use in a roller cam block you will not have a issue with lifter guides. I see no problem if the link bars do not hit the tops of the roller lifter bores when the lifters are on the base circle of the cam lobes.

The Comp Cams camshaft in my engine has 0.334" lifter rise and 1.190" O.D. cam lobe base circles. No problems.

Crane Cams 10535-16 is a longer roller lifter for use in 1987-1999 4.7L roller cam blocks. Those lifters can solve the problems when using as camshaft with lobe lift greater than 0.350" and cam lobe base circles less than 1.150" O.D. Those roller lifters cost about $700 at Summit.

The Morel lifters are .300 taller and will work just fine. Guys use thse in the SHP blocks all the time with out any issues.

Lifter question € Speed Talk
Old 03-02-2014, 03:33 AM

Last photo:

Just alil update, builder is done with the engine and the morel 4602 lifters dropped right into the 880 OE roller block with no grinding necessary.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:14 AM
CNC Blocks Northeast

Last photo:

Quote:
Just alil update, builder is done with the engine and the morel 4602 lifters dropped right into the 880 OE roller block with no grinding necessary.
Where would you be if you listened to this joker LOL.

Quote:

Morel 4602 lifters (w/link bars) .......$630
These can be used with more than .530" valve lifts and engine speeds above 6000 RPM. They are designed to be used with early SBC blocks that have short lifter bores for link bar clearance. The tops of the lifter bores must be machined to fit these lifters if usimg a roller cam block. .
Old 03-02-2014, 04:45 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNC BLOCKS NE View Post
Where would you be if you listened to this joker LOL.
I'm just glad I didn't have to pay 630$ for them!!

Despite the fact that I bought them over a year ago and they have been collecting dust since then JEGS was very cool about letting me return the "ls7" lifter kit with tray. +200$ All in all, I am happy spending 300 more bucks on the lifters I have now. No sheet tin tray to worry about and I can run a large cam later if I so desire. Hopefully they will not be as "ticky" as the ls7 lifters also.

I have been reading posts on this forum for over 7 years and I strongly believe EVERYONE has some knowledge to offer. Sometimes guys get mixed up on things. It happens to all of us!

Many thanks to CNC and mousefink both, because, without debate these posts can be boring!
Old 03-02-2014, 08:14 PM

Sorry, I misunderstood what my engine builder told me three years ago. I called him to clarify what he told me and this is what he said:

"You must use the correct roller lifters for the block you have. When GM went to roller cams in 1987, the Vortec blocks were cast with taller lifter bores for the tall O.E. roller lifters, anti-rotation link bars and the link bar retainer. You can also use after-market tie bar lifters. But for 1986 and earlier blocks, you must use special retrofit roller lifters that are designed for the shorter lifter bores."
Old 03-02-2014, 08:30 PM
CNC Blocks Northeast

Last photo:

Quote:
Sorry, I misunderstood what my engine builder told me three years ago. I called him to clarify what he told me and this is what he said:

"You must use the correct roller lifters for the block you have. When GM went to roller cams in 1987, the Vortec blocks were cast with taller lifter bores for the tall O.E. roller lifters, anti-rotation link bars and the link bar retainer. You can also use after-market tie bar lifters. But for 1986 and earlier blocks, you must use special retrofit roller lifters that are designed for the shorter lifter bores."
There you go hear say!!! Don't listen to anyone go by experience not hear say it will save you from looking stupid some times.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:57 AM

I called my engine builder because I damned sure did not want to take your word for it.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:35 AM
CNC Blocks Northeast

Last photo:

Quote:
I called my engine builder because I damned sure did not want to take your word for it.

And I was right of cause as I build a lot of engines and machine a lot of blocks and yes I made you look like an ***** cause you listened to some one else who does not have a clue.

Your engines build builder ought to get a grip and get his facts straight LOL

Guys like you give and your so called engine builder give out bogus info and don't have a clue what your talking about.

Like I said I do this stuff every day.

https://www.facebook.com/cncblocks.n...5538247&type=3

CNC Blocks Northeast | Carl Hinkson
Old 03-03-2014, 10:17 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNC BLOCKS NE View Post
And I was right of cause as I build a lot of engines and machine a lot of blocks and yes I made you look like an ***** cause you listened to some one else who does not have a clue.

Your engines build builder ought to get a grip and get his facts straight LOL

Guys like you give and your so called engine builder give out bogus info and don't have a clue what your talking about.

Like I said I do this stuff every day.
...is this how you talk to people in real life?

If so, its not allowed here...PERIOD!

Last warning I'm going to give you, I've given you enough rope in this thread.

Stick to the OP's question and not what other people post in a thread, everyone tries to help the best they can.

Thats what internet forums are for, it's not a school yard. You should know better by now.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.