motor mount to frame bolts - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2008, 03:50 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

motor mount to frame bolts

any ideas on how to remove the motor mount to frame bolts on a 1981 buick regal,the bottom bolt i can see from underneath the arm but the remaining top 2 remain a mystery on how to hold the bolt head with a # 15 while removing the nut,there is a slot on the mount but the angle is wrong to get a wrench in there to hold the bolt head, ineed to get them off or loose to change the rubber mount between the 2 piece mounts. jada

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2008, 07:51 PM

Last photo:

re:motor mount to frame bolt

Hi can you tac it with a welder? or try heating up the 15 mil and bending it to fit! TROY
Old 02-27-2008, 09:29 AM

Last wiki edit: Wheelbase database Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jada
any ideas on how to remove the motor mount to frame bolts on a 1981 buick regal,the bottom bolt i can see from underneath the arm but the remaining top 2 remain a mystery on how to hold the bolt head with a # 15 while removing the nut,there is a slot on the mount but the angle is wrong to get a wrench in there to hold the bolt head, ineed to get them off or loose to change the rubber mount between the 2 piece mounts. jada
The problem is that these bolts are installed before the lower control arms are bolted in place. I'm wondering why you need to pull the frame mounts to get the rubber motor mounts out. You should just be able to raise the motor with a hoist or floor jack.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:09 PM

re replacing polyurethane inserts in frame mounts

thanks for the reply,i have the engine out of the car and both engine mounts from block to frame mounts removed,to replace the poly inserts the "clamshell" mounts have to be removed or bolts slackend off enough to push out the old inserts and push in the new ones.can this be done without removing the control arm? the clamshell mounts to the frame are two piece with insert between
Old 02-27-2008, 01:36 PM

Last journal entry: Got time to work on jeep today
Last photo:

I replaced the mounts on my camaro when swpping the v6 to a v8, its not easy but a rachet and 6" and 3" extension and a swivel knuckle and the right size socket going in from the bottom and the wrench on top is how i did it. You have to finagel it around to get the socket where it goes. It was not the easiest job i have done and my wife said that there was a few more words than usaull coming from under the car.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:34 PM

Last wiki edit: Calculating tire size
Last journal entry: Changes...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

You sort of just have to get in there and do it, i remember going through the opening in the frame where the control arm attaches. Also I bent up an old 12 point wrench to fit in there nice where the ratchet was hard.

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.