Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Motor mounts for a 39 ford pickup
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 04:12 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Oh, I understand journey but I also like to get to a destination sometimes. The one set of mounts looks really nice but the original question said "best and easiest" and the person already has the frame done. I picked on easy because that was part of what was asked and didn't know the skill level of the questioner. And again, if you ever want to get to the "destination" you have to make some choices about where you spend your time. Really nice, distinctive mounts on a car with an open front is great. If you're putting a M-2 front into that 50's chevy frame, it makes sense for you to do your own mounts. I'm currently trying to get to the "destination" on a 55 Chevy PU and I just used the mounts on the Camaro clip, simple but not flashy or time consuming. I chose to spend my time on narrowing a 9 inch and related 4 link suspension so a set of Hoosier 31x16.50x17's will fit under the fenders. At the risk of having a urinating contest, at the show, I think people will notice more where I spent my time. Because I "can" fabricate, I don't always think it's the best use of my time and I don't assume everyone who wants to take part in this automotive insanity has the same tools and/or ability. I DO know SOMETHING about hot rodding, but I USED to know EVERYTHING about hot rodding.....then I got older.