Motor Trends 2013 Car of the Year - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 10:28 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Deck sometimes you seam to merge the models and price ranges together.

Model S Options & Pricing | Tesla Motors

I have a standard west coast 3bed/2ba house with 3 1/2 adults and used 572Kwh last month. So how many days can I run my house off my tesla (which one) and still be able to get to work if my house had no power?
And yes it's a very nice car, I got to go to open house in Fremont a year ago.

On a previous post you bought what looks like Sinopoly (Thundersky)/Winston LiFePO4 batteries. We already discussed A123 going under and to china but why did you choose that one instead of someone in the USA like FluxPower or AllCell?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 10:47 PM
www.tbuckets.lefora.com/

Last wiki edit: List of hotrodding forums
Last journal entry: Trans swap
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by seltec8 View Post
Deck sometimes you seam to merge the models and price ranges together.

Model S Options & Pricing | Tesla Motors

I have a standard west coast 3bed/2ba house with 3 1/2 adults and used 572Kwh last month. So how many days can I run my house off my tesla (which one) and still be able to get to work if my house had no power?
And yes it's a very nice car, I got to go to open house in Fremont a year ago.

On a previous post you bought what looks like Sinopoly (Thundersky)/Winston LiFePO4 batteries. We already discussed A123 going under and to china but why did you choose that one instead of someone in the USA like FluxPower or AllCell?
In your case 6 1/2 days if you don't conserve during the black out. FluxPower was 3 times the price at $1536 for 2048 w-hr, I spent $880 for 2560 w-hr. AllCell I couldn't find any outlets for them. Your correct on my cells, Winston's for ThunderSky. Sounds like you been around lithium?
Old 12-11-2012, 06:36 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckofficer View Post
All this coming from someone that doesn't even know what color his skin is. Or worse, willing to bold face lie about it on a forum to prove some point. Back on the ignore you go Furgal. You probably have the distinction of being the most ignored on this forum.
PROVE ANYTHING YOU JUST SAID, troll
Old 12-11-2012, 06:42 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS View Post
You have to remember.. they have the sun...
yes they do.. so.. 70-80 thousand dollar solar roof (before D/O opens his trap, my little cape style house it was 68k if I want to add solar)
and then a 100k+ car.. or at least 40k for something better than the rolling egg toyota calls a car..
ya, I can see all those in cali that are on the brink of loosing everything signing up for that..

HAY MR GREENIE MR. D/O . whats the enivomental impact of mining and building those BATTERYS....
OOPS, the green factor goes RIGHT OUT THE WINDOW..
tipical.. out of sight out of mind thinking of the "green cult", as long as they can't SEE the enivormental impact, well it didn't happen..
those outside the "greenie cult" are not so blind
Old 12-11-2012, 06:45 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:Originally Posted by gearheadslife
buddy they should've updated the grid in YOUR state 15 years ago.. didn't happen then and when and IF they do it, it'll be to small 5 years ago.. end quote

Originally Posted by gearheadslife
buddy they should've updated the grid in YOUR state 15 years ago.. didn't happen then and when and IF they do it, it'll be to small 5 years ago..

All this coming from someone that doesn't even know what color his skin is. Or worse, willing to bold face lie about it on a forum to prove some point. Back on the ignore you go Furgal. You probably have the distinction of being the most ignored on this forum.

tipical for a lib to change the subject, bash the person and NOT even address the question/statement..
Old 12-11-2012, 07:15 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
You know how I feel, power is power, I don't care how it's gotten. I have rode two stroke motorcycles, had big blocks with torque, small blocks with horsepower, sixes, double over head cams, electric is just another form of power I could care less that it isn't burning fuel to make it.

The only part I don't like about the Leaf or any other new car is all the computer crap, can't stand that. But as far as driving that car with no gears, it feels good, has gobs of power for a little commuter, I thought it was a great little car.

Brian
best post so far...
the problem with electric as a way to power vehicles is the country doesn't have the inferstructure now to keep up with the demand before any of the "charge it" cars hit a showroom..
and it's been a good 15 years since they started with this type power vehicle..as a replacement for a fuel burning vehicle..(not counting all the other electrics from the 30's to the 70's )
now add to this a fed. government admin. thats hell bent on bankrubting 30-38% of the places that PRODUCE the power.. and no matter HOW you slice it.. it's going to = a big fat failure..
EVEN if they poured billions and billions into the undersized power grid we have now that relies on canada's powerplands to supulment ours...
AND they change every powerplant over to natural gas..
EVERYONES electric bill will skyrocket.. AND if they are unlucky enough to need/use natural gas to heat, will get another bumrush from that angle as well..
all for cars that get real world 38-40mpg.. numbers that cars got in the 50's/60's/70's/80's and so on..
the mobil challange of the 40-50's proved 30-40mph was possable with a poor old carb.. and points..
I'd not be cheering all that loud for a technology that isn't bettering 130 year old(stone age) technology..
my 84 car was rated at 40mph hyway... and thats what most hybrids today get, some are rated at 41 others 50 but ..you'll be baby'n it to get that..
I drive my stone aged tech 84 pontiac.. and don't baby it.. and get 37-38 hyway and 33-34 city and it's 28 years old 92k miles on it..

electric are a far cry from being anything but a way to raise everyones energy cost.. even if we don't own one..
but redistribution of cost isn't anything new.. and with the ideals leading. we'll all be paying the piper for a technology that can't better stuff aval. 60+ years ago..
yay you. you don't have to pay at the pump.. but now pay triple for natural gas to heat your home and triple for your light bill..
what accountant will honestly say you are saving anything..?
remember boys and girls, when the natural gas and electric cost goes through the roof.. it'll be 8 times worse to everything you consume,as far as upping the price... wait till this farce goes through and you see your food bill...
also remember we have about 150 years worth of natural gas HERE.. but.. REMEMBER that is based on the usage level TODAY. when the powerplants that are coal are changed to n.gas and the 100 or so more new ones needed to keep up with demand.. use 5 times what we use in natural gas, how long in years do we now have?? this is the "info" they forget to tell you..
this has got runaway train written all over it.. and the single tract greenies just can't see it. or couldn't care.. you pick..
Old 12-11-2012, 10:17 AM
www.tbuckets.lefora.com/

Last photo:

Tell you what Furgal, lets agree to disagree. I won't post to a thread you started and hopefully you will extend the same courtesy to me.

I would like to see this thread get some traction with meaningful discussion.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:29 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckofficer View Post
Tell you what Furgal, lets agree to disagree. I won't post to a thread you started and hopefully you will extend the same courtesy to me.

I would like to see this thread get some traction with meaningful discussion.
"meaningfull", you mean agree'n with your logic

ever think of talking to yourself in a mirror?
Old 12-11-2012, 10:57 AM
www.tbuckets.lefora.com/

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadslife View Post
"meaningfull", you mean agree'n with your logic

ever think of talking to yourself in a mirror?
OK Furgal, you win. I'm tired of becoming troll bait on every thread I start.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.