Hot Rod Forum banner

movie time!

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Sandflea427SS 
#1 ·
Well Columbia House just delivered the DVD I ordered of Matrix Reloaded:drool: . Never got a chance to see it in the movie theater so I'm gonna sign off, kick back with some Sno-Caps and popcorn, and hopefully enjoy the show:D . Also it's just another excuse to kick in the surround sound.

Later!:thumbup:

See less See more
#4 ·
I bought this one also and was not impressed, the floating in air with camera pan thing is getting real old and the story is full of holes, for example.

Why carry guns if none of the Matrix agents can be killed with one? If Keano is the "chosen one" then why is he a peon in the movie?

Makes no sense, I won't be buying the next one.

#5 ·
Saw it at the theater. One of the worst movies I have seen this year. Hours of boring dialog surrounded by forced special effects. Reminds me of Star Trek movies - I tried watching a couple of those but fell asleep on both within half an hour. I suggest you rent Alien or Relic - much better Sci-Fi. Incidentally, the book Relic is a super read - better than the movie (surprised?!). And Jurassic Park is the same - you MUST read the book.

#6 ·
The idea is kinda nifty though. I dig the notion that we are all living in a dream-world-computer-program and our real bodies are under the control of machines that use us for fuel. The scpoe of that is so bizzare that I think it's pretty cool. But I agree that they could have done a better job of pulling it off.

One of my favorites to this day is still Transformers The Movie. Such an american kids classic.:thumbup: :thumbup:

MoocH

#7 ·
k2mooch said:
The idea is kinda nifty though. I dig the notion that we are all living in a dream-world-computer-program and our real bodies are under the control of machines that use us for fuel. The scpoe of that is so bizzare that I think it's pretty cool. But I agree that they could have done a better job of pulling it off.

One of my favorites to this day is still Transformers The Movie. Such an american kids classic.:thumbup: :thumbup:

MoocH
Terminator pulls the premise of machine vs. man off in a lot more entertaining way.

#10 ·
4 Jaw Chuck said:
I bought this one also and was not impressed, the floating in air with camera pan thing is getting real old and the story is full of holes, for example.

Why carry guns if none of the Matrix agents can be killed with one? If Keano is the "chosen one" then why is he a peon in the movie?

Makes no sense, I won't be buying the next one.

Actually you can kill an agent with a gun. First time was in the first movie when they shot the agent point blank in the head while stealing the hellicopter. They can't escape a point blank hit. It is just about the only thing that will kill an agent. I don't know if I would call his character a peon. The same way many chose not to believe Jesus was the son of God the directors chose to have many people not believe Neo was the 'chosen one'. Neo has extra-ordinary powers but is at a constant struggle over how he is supposed to use them and is even himself unsure if he is 'the one'. The bottm line is you give me any sci-fi movie and I'll pick it apart, it's not real!
So here is my review... After seeing both Matrix and Matrix Reloaded I find I liked different things from each movie. I thought some of the hand to hand combat scenes were drawn out, I missed the lightning hand speed they used in the first movie anytime Neo was fighting agent Smith. However I really liked some of the additional effects like the albino twins, the wildest highway chase going the wrong way on a crotchrocket dodging cars, and nothing was cooler than when Neo clocked one of the Smiths with that pipe and sent him airborn into the third floor of the building. I also thought that they threw a nice twist in the end by revealing that while everyone assumed that what was going on with Neo, Morpheus, and the others was unique that it in fact was not and Zion had been created and destroyed six times already with six other Neos before him that were all just part of this bigger scheme of things by the machines. Personally, I enjoyed it. I like Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne, and definately Carrie-Anne Moss. Could there have been some improvements? Yes, but I still had a great time watching it and will be looking forward to the third part of the series next month. TO EACH HIS OWN I GUESS! It's like prefering Chevy or Ford. On a tv almost the size of my wall and a few hundred watts of surround sound I dug it.:D

#11 ·
dmorris1200 said:
On a tv almost the size of my wall and a few hundred watts of surround sound I dug it.:D

These's nothing like bringing the theater to you, the whole theater experience is part of what makes a movie. I'll bet the sound was killer, let alone the square yardage of screen.:drool:

I really need to invest in a home theater. After all, when was the last time you ever sat naked with the wife watching a movie in a theater? :mwink: :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.