Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - moving 610lb compressor
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 01:12 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Got her in the garage...

Thanks for the suggestion using the pipe rollers. I needed to pick up some 3/4 pipe for the air piping system, so I got five pieces of 36" long black pipe from Home Depot and was able to roll it in using the pallet as a base. The 36" long pieces ended up being smaller than the pallet, but it worked....if I had to do it again, I would have gotten the next size up. It is a vertical compressor and it barely cleared the garage opening, so anything bigger than 3/4 inch diameter would have hit the opening.

I had help, but I could have moved it myself - only would have taken longer...and the top heavy thing made it kinda wobbly.

The real problem, as stated in an earlier post, is getting it off the pallet. Need to get the garage wiring installed, inspected, a new drop service, etc... so I have some time to figure that out.. but suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

Different topic.. but are you supposed to tip the drivers? Perhaps thats why he left it in the middle of my driveway?