Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Moving the engine rearward, how far..?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 08:08 AM
From the middle of the world

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child View Post
Agusto - I tend to agree with Sam about putting the engine in the bed as I think that cutting out a firewall and moving it back opens up even more problems. If you do want to keep the engine in the front, just remove the firewall and start over with a fabricated 20ga sheet metal replacement then use a race car oriented pedal system like a Wilwood or Howe (yeah, I know where you are and the problems with importation)

Dave W
Dave, we have good news about importing stuff, the government has made things easier a lot, we even have a tax break for things weighting up to 4kg and/or $400.00 and several couriers charge $4.00 per pound from Miami Florida to Ecuador, Summit and Amazon love our country now

Making a firewall from scratch is another option I was thinking, I would love making it out of aluminum but I'm a little short on cash... as usual

And since I tore up everything from my car I definitely will move the engine, I'll do it before I start with the roll cage, seems like the more I move it back the better will be, am I right..??