Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Moving trans shifter
View Single Post
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-08-2009, 11:25 AM
cobalt327's Avatar
cobalt327 cobalt327 is offline
Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,031
Wiki Edits: 1616

Thanks: 128
Thanked 616 Times in 565 Posts
Originally Posted by my29
I have a 29 5 window that I need some help making it fit my 6'4" body. 3 problems, shifter location, brake pedal locating, and steering. If there was some way to electrify the shifting, i.e. put it on the dash with buttons, that would solve 2 problems. Anybody every done something like that. The steering is a Mustang II. I need power steering. What are my options? And the brake petal is through the floor, which I guess is pretty common in these cars. Can it be made to swing from the dash? THanks.
There are power racks for the MII front ends. And WILWOOD and others have dozens of swinging brake pedal/master cylinder units to choose from.

THESE folks offer a paddle shifter that mounts to the steering wheel- nothing on the trans tunnel. TCI also makes a version of a paddle shifter.
Reply With Quote