Mr. gasket micro elec. fuel pump enough fuel output for 400 skinny? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2007, 09:04 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Mr. gasket micro elec. fuel pump enough fuel output for 400 skinny?

i'm building a 400 smallblock holley 750 vortec heads. roughly 400hp 480 ft/lbs. i had given to me a brand new mr. gasket micro electric fuel pump. i think their like 35 bucks at local parts store. anyone use them before or know any info on them? i was thinking of possibly doing it inline with my mechanical pump to help boost the pressure but not sure how much that will help. the elec. pump says its good for like 4-7 psi but i have no clue its flow rate. its the 12s model pump says its good for 4,6, and 8 cylinder applications. here is the only decent link i could find to one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/12V-M...ayphotohosting

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2007, 10:22 AM
Blood, Sweat, and Gears!

Last photo:

a quick search on Mr Gaskets website found this http://go.mrgasket.com/ProductsListB...minselection=3
they say it flows 35 gph
Old 01-07-2007, 04:52 PM
T-Bucket, Corvette, Mustang

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

I have one and the spec is 35 GPH at 4-7 psi, which should be plenty for you. I have it installed on my T-Bucket and do not run an engine driven pump on the 350 SBC (300 hp). Very low power draw - I use a 5 amp fuse on the circuit. I also used one of these in an experimental aircraft I built as a boost pump to the engine driven pump - I ran it constantly and no failures in 330 hours of flight time. They are also occasionally seen with a Facet or a Purolator label.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:13 PM

Last photo:

I've got one on my 48 Plymouth (355 SBC, 1406 Edelbrock carburetor, mild cam, no mechanical fuel pump). Works well so far.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:33 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: 360 mopar
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartcannon View Post
i'm building a 400 smallblock holley 750 vortec heads. roughly 400hp 480 ft/lbs. i had given to me a brand new mr. gasket micro electric fuel pump. i think their like 35 bucks at local parts store. anyone use them before or know any info on them? i was thinking of possibly doing it inline with my mechanical pump to help boost the pressure but not sure how much that will help. the elec. pump says its good for like 4-7 psi but i have no clue its flow rate. its the 12s model pump says its good for 4,6, and 8 cylinder applications. here is the only decent link i could find to one.

12V Micro Electronic Universal Fuel Pump 4 6 8 Cylinder | eBay
Your going to run that thing on a 400 HP engine 1 HP per cubic inch!!!! LOL its minimum performance oriented( a cheap replacement pump ( The key word is CHEAP) made for domestic autos to get grocerys!! Of course its junk for your engine combo, its china made by Prestolite!!! Most stock Chevy mechanical fuel pumps flow 60 to 80 gallons an hr. an after market mechanical fuel pump that's designed to work with stock or mildly modified engines delivers a free-flow output of 80 to 130 GPH. and that Mr Gasket (Prestolite) Chinese pump flows 35 gph you do the math and you can answer your own Question! I hate to burst the bubble these guys have, that think they are great, but its a disaster waiting to happen on anything with HP!!!!! I see them used on cars to pick up cans and bottles along roadsides because they are CHEAP!!!!! Take some good advice Dont use it on anything that runs the quarter mile faster then 18 seconds LOL Don't take offense I'm trying to give you good advice in the strongest of terms its up to you to run it or not

Jester
The Following User Says Thank You to painted jester For This Useful Post:
vinniekq2 (07-17-2013)
Old 06-19-2013, 01:24 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

If you like Mr. Gasket Products Here's the Mr. Gasket pump for a street engine!
I don't run or use Mr. Gasket Pumps! But this is an example of a much better Mr Gasket pump for your combo.

Jester

Mr. Gasket: part # 95P
$105.99
Product Description:
This lightweight pump includes mounting bracket and hardware and is universal for all carbureted engines. 7 PSI max. Not compatible with alcohol or methanol fuels and not for fuel injected systems.

The Mr. Gasket Electric Fuel Pump #95P is a gravity feed vane/rotor type high volume low pressure pump designed for street applications. The operating fuel pressure is factory set at 7 PSI. Normally, a fuel pressure regulator is not necessary. We recommend a 3/8" I.D. hose with this fuel system. #95P free flows at 95 GPH and 65 GPH at 5 PSI.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:13 PM

Last photo:

Don't get that cheap fuel pump they are junk plain and simple. I have a stock 350 vortec when I got my 96 s10 several years ago and that pump left me stranded out in the middle of nowhere and I thought it was old bought a new one and it lasted about two months and that was with hardly any driving and I got stranded yet again but at least was in town and I put a new one on for a third time but just to get me home as I did not have time to set up a new fuel line system to get a different pump on. I eventually got rid of the vortec to fund for a brand new build and this time I got a 350 for a roller setup and a mechanical fuel pump. If you want a good electric fuel pump go to summit or jegs and get a carter fuel pump that goes around 75 bucks give or take a little and it will work excellent for a performance build like yours.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:15 PM

Last photo:

Just buy this and be done.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g3136-2/overview/
The Following User Says Thank You to Slammedsi For This Useful Post:
vinniekq2 (07-17-2013)
Old 07-17-2013, 08:32 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldguy48 View Post
I've got one on my 48 Plymouth (355 SBC, 1406 Edelbrock carburetor, mild cam, no mechanical fuel pump). Works well so far.
Methinks I spoke too soon...the damned thing quit on me (fortunately while still in the garage). I bought an Edelbrock replacement, but have not installed it yet. Maybe this weekend. I'm beginning to think Mr. Gasket should be renamed Mr. Garbage.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:01 PM

I used one of those cheap electric pumps on a 20 HP Onan industrial engine,it did the job for a couple years,then I bought another one.The Onan pump was too expensive.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:04 AM

Last photo:

I have never had any luck with MR. Gasket products. Check out the fuel pump reviews on Amazon...
Amazon.com: mr gasket fuel pump Amazon.com: mr gasket fuel pump
Old 07-18-2013, 01:08 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

This thread is from 2007 LOL and the original thread poster (stewartcannon) never came back on

Jester
Old 07-18-2013, 01:31 PM

Last photo:

I didn't notice the OP's date...but I guess their quality hasn't improved during the last 6 years. I guess we're slowly being conditioned to accept poor quality Chinese crap as the norm

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.