Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - MSD Hiccup with fan switch.
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 06:32 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

MSD Hiccup with fan switch.

I'm kind of at a loss here with this annoying glitch. I went through the trouble of installing a 140 amp alternator over my 100amp. Added up all the amps in my system and came up with 65 amps total with everything on at the same time. Headlights both fuel pumps and so onÖ
My fans are wired to two 60 amp switches that are manually activated so I can cool the motor off in the staging lanes. My water pump is also wired in the same manner with 12 gauge wires. Grounds are directly to the fame.
MSD is wired independently from an aftermarket fuse box in the cab with 12 gauge wires and a ground going to the frame and battery just to be safe.
Here is my problem I have noticed if I turn the fans off and then on or the water pump while the motor is running I can see the MSD light flash off for a quick millisecond and the motor will hiccup slightly. I have never noticed this till I had to purchase my MSD Digital 6Al since my old MSD 6Al died.
Faulty MDS box?.... Or will a high voltage capacitor for the MDS resolve the issue? Iím guessing the voltage regulator canít keep up with the start load from the electric motors.