msd ignition??? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2002, 09:41 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Post msd ignition???

Does an msd ignition make a difference??? Me being in collage and having a crappy job where all my money goes to gas, I don't really want to blow $170 on something unless its really going to make a difference. Is it worth getting an msd for my 69 camaro with a 355?? will it improve my gas mileage and power????

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2002, 10:38 PM

It won't pay for itself in gas savings, but it will idle better, start better, run to a higher rpm better, will get better mileage. And it will throw a spark about 1", so don't become part of its discharge circuit....it will stop even your young heart! Is it necessary....no, stock vehicle don't need it. If you have high compression then you need it. My opinion and I'm sticking with it.
Old 06-12-2002, 01:30 AM

Last photo:

pertronix ignitor in my wiew is just as good an alternative. works flawlessly, fits in any distributor. and doesnt cost an arm and a leg. only disadvantage is that you dont get an MSD sticker with it... but i can live with that

<a href="http://www.pertronix.com/ignition/ignitor/index.htm" target="_blank">http://www.pertronix.com/ignition/ignitor/index.htm</a>

but dont take my word for it:
.."worked flawlessly."
"...So if you want the convenience of an electronic ignition system while retaining your stock distributor, this is the system for you."
-MUSCLE CAR REVIEW

"It may look and sound as if it's too good to be true. It's half the price of a MSD or exotic system."
-EUROPEAN CAR

"It's much easier to install the Ignitor than a set of points and condenser!"
-VW TRENDS

"...Ignitor should give you years of trouble free service, as well as add some easy horsepower to your classic muscle by upping the voltage from 25,000 to roughly 35,000 volts."
-SUPER CHEVY

"The extra voltage means cleaner, more efficient burning for faster starts, better mileage and improved performance."
-ALL CHEVY

"...adding 1000 RPM to our engine. We recommend this ignition highly"
-AUTO CROSS

"...the Ignitor is a simple and cost effective way to improve performance while increasing economy and dependability."
-OFF-ROAD

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.