Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Muffler placement
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 05:39 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Not sure what your asking? I'm gonna try and answer your question anyways. It depends on what your purpose is on the exhaust. The further back you go with the mufflers, the quieter the exhaust will be. If you add pipes out to the rear of the car, it's even quieter. Then there are several mufflers to choose from, some are quiet, some are loud. You also have to consider pipe diameter. 2 inch will be the quietest, most guys run the 2.5" and the guys who want to pound the ground go with 3". You have to consider backpressure as well and the type of motor your running the exhaust to. If it's a normal street rod for crusing etc. I'd recommend going with 2.5" pipe and mount the muffler just before the rearend. You can use turndowns so the exhaust hits the street. If that's too loud, you can always run some pipe after the mufflers. I like a little sound to my exhaust so I run Flowmaster mufflers. As far as pictures, etc. someone else will have help out there.