Hot Rod Forum banner

Muffler Poll

2K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  cranky1 
#1 ·
hi everyone. :welcome: i've been away for awhile getting my Monte ready. I'm gettn' close. so......... Exhaust is next. I would like to get a little poll going to see what mufflers are popular and what people like or dislike about them. ( sound, flow, cost, anything really. ) so if anyone could take a few minutes i would appreciate the feed back. Thanks ...... Billy R. aka "Wolfdog" I'll have some pics real soon. :D

#5 ·
#8 ·
I`m with Guy on this one. I perfer Turbo`s as they don`t have a annoying drone and you can hear yourself think. When you open it up you can hear them and they sound off nicely. The best Turbo mufflers I ever used they don`t make anymore which were Sonic Turbo`s, they sounded off real nicely and had a mean rumble at idle. Right now on my pickup which has a modded 4.3 V6 I`m running dual pipes into a splitter into 1 cheapy thrush turbo muffler, then it splits into dual pipes again coming out the back. I used to run a flowmaster on it but I quickly got tired of the sound, it sounded like a swarm of angry bee`s. The cheapy thrush turbo is very quiet in the low rpm ranges but when you nail it the sound it gets is like I`ve never heard, it doesn`t sound like a turbo anymore but I love how it sounds. This is due to the V6 taching quickly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.