Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - mufflers????
Thread: mufflers????
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2004, 04:09 PM
2 much power is almost enough

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

hey, to answer your questionon muffler choice.... i love my flowmaster 40's, everyone has them but hell they sound good. The downside is the interior resonance.... if you put dynamat or something similiar on the floor it won't bother you. The magnaflows are supposed to have a lot less resonance, supposed to flow better then the flow 40's but they are a little quieter. Now, flowmaster has the new super 40's. I'd look into those. Almost everyone complains that flows create a lot of resonance. They came out with the delta flow which is supposed to aid in that department. The new super 40's have the delta flow tech. in them and they are supposed to sound real nice. go to www.flowmastermufflers.com check them out. If you do decide to buy them... check out ebay first. you can get a great price on a pair then just bring them to the muffler shop. Good luck. 65chevymike, i was rereading my post and yours and i don't want you to think i was calling you a liar or anything. Just wanted to give my experience with flow 40's on my sbc. And what you said about keeping your ears open at shows.... ha ha , i do that same thing, i can never have the sound that i like. so i get to shows early so i can listen to the cars drive in then go ask what they have. later