Hot Rod Forum banner

Multiport/TBI oldsmobile intake manifolds

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  LATECH 
#1 ·
I've been slowly collecting peices to build an EFI system for awhile now, don't plan on doing it in the near future but i'm still looking for parts. I just found out that in 1978 There was an oldsmobile 350 engine equipped in Cadillac chassis that was EFI, is this true? and if so where would i be able to grab one of those manifolds?

Also, i'm seeing people online saying the system was a Multi port?! Sounds too good to be true lol

#3 ·
The 1976-1979 Caddy Seville used an Olds 350 with multi port EFI. This was a prehistoric system with an analog computer and no O2 sensor. People have converted to a modern digital controller. This website provides some info.

Of course, this intake only fits the small block Olds family (260, 307, 330, 350, 403). It also flows worse than a stock 2bbl intake. You are a lot better off getting a modern intake with injector bungs, like the Professional Products intake for the big block Olds.

#4 ·
Joe the pro-products intake is the plan, Right now i have an edelbrock 7111 intake in the box ready to go, i was going to install it this winter when i get the time but....now im thinking about buying the intake i listed, as long as i can block off the injector ports and run a carb on it for the time being until im ready to get a controller and go for EFI.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.