Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Music?
Thread: Music?
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie5.7 View Post
I can see what you're saying about younger members getting "hazed" on here, but I like being upfront about where I'm at with my skills. I'm sure my posting would reflect that even if I tried to show otherwise. I don't want to be the "young expert" that suddenly needs help installing piston rings or something.

A lot of my friends are into rap and other stuff, but not a lot of it attracts me. Most of it is not nearly simultaneously aggressive and intelligent as a lot of heavy metal can be. There's not a lot of crossover in other genres of music.

Take Alex Skolnick for example. He's the lead guitarist for Testament, one of the most aggressive thrash metal acts from the bay area. He's also a guitarist in the Trans Siberian Orchestra and fronts his own Jazz outfit. Guys a beast of a musician.

The Chili Peppers are good, but I can't get into any of their newer commercial stuff. They lost me at Californication. Bunch of talented guys though, short of Anthony Kiedis. Flea and John Frusciante contributed a lot of work to one of my favorite bands, The Mars Volta. You really have to have together musically to stand on the same stage as them.

I dont want to give the impression that I'm solely into sheer technicality, but being able to actually play and write goes a long way towards me enjoying it.
The peppers aren't the same without John. I hated their last album.