Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Music?
Thread: Music?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 11:41 AM

Last journal entry: was hoping for better than this
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester View Post
Not bad furgle but I guess I'm too old and it didn't trigger me into wanting to hear more! at my age I'm looking for new sounds but with the old styles like new ballad singers, new rockabilly,Etc, voices that raise an emotion, I listen to old stuff and can remember exactly what I was doing when I heard it 55 years ago, the new country singers all sound alike, the rock stations and others play the same few songs over and over! Even the same song at the same time every day! I'm searching for something and only know it when I hear it and its like the differance between a movie you can watch over and over and one that you watch once and dont want to see it again! And the new ones are just remakes!

Did anyone listen to "Piaf" what did any of you think I was interested in your impressions, Not in if you wanted to listen to it all the time! Like Poverati he has a fantastic voice but im not into opera LOL! But sometimes his voice and certain songs brings out emotions like when he does Poliachi!

My dad was a poor man raised in the poorest area of Kentucky ( a red necked fire and brimstone baptist, heavy drinking, hard hitting with no sympathy for anyone)! My mother was an educated strict Catholic, blue blood from a rich family from Europe! I grew up a mixture of both with a hard sprinkling of the back streets of Detroit During the 50s and 60s and hardened from experiences in combat! Im interested in this thread because we relate so well and We're Knowing each other a little better just by the same interests in music no matter where we grew up or how we were raised!

Jester
fair enough.. I like singers that can sing.. tate has a 6+ octave range and uses it..
and bands that play techical time phases and wide changes in time/tempo..
those where lite.. most of the stuff is heavier..