Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Music?
Thread: Music?
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched ratchet View Post
So I assume that Mickey, Peter and Mike are still a part of the whole thing- right? How big of a band did they have backing them and what kind of instrumentation was in it? My son watched them so I got exposed and kinda liked some of their songs such as "Last Train to Clarksville".

Last question: did they have someone trying to fill Davey's slot or did Mickey do most of the lead vocals?
They had a 7 piece band backing them, great musicians! Micks' sister was vocals and some percussion instruments, Mike's brother was a guitat player, the rest weren't related. A gal playing keyboards and saxaphones was incredible. 4 guitars, 2 keyboard players, 1 gal playing different saxophones and flute, a drummer, some playing a few different instrumnets, a lot of talent. Mike played a 12 string for all but one song, peter played a banjo, keyboards and guitar, Mick drummed, played a guitar once and sang about half the songs, Mike sang a bunch, Peter a few. The music they recorded later in their careers seemd to be the better music, for myself and the crowd reaction.
Davey didn't sing that many songs by himself, mostly Mick when they were together, and Mike. Daveys songs were not sang by the group, they had kind of a moment where they played a video of Davy singing the song, then went on. Towards the end of the night they had the audience singing Daydream believer. Very respectable.
I did a little researching when I got home last night,the show was in Cupertino, CA., we had drove about 200 miles for the show and I was wound up. It seems to be in agreeance that Peter was the best musician, Mike is a talented film and songwriter. Micky's career goes back to when he was a kid, Circus Boy TV series in the 50's. For being in their 70's, they were very good. Mick sounded just lke he did back in the day, moved around the stage like he was 30. I thoroughly enjoyed the show, if they would have played all their pop music from the beginning of the shows I don't think I would have enjoyed the show so much.