Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Music?
Thread: Music?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 01:45 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Only Steppenwolf album I had, had Magic Carpet Ride, Keep of the Grass (or what ever it was), Pusher, and a few more I don't remember. I think it must have been a 'hits' album. But it was good. I don't know how many Easy Rider soundtrack albums were sold, but EVERYBODY had one!

It turned a lot of people on to The Band- one of my all-time favorite groups. I think I remember one of the original members dying recently.

First time I heard Steppenwolf in concert was at the Armory in Tampa. Ticket was $7.50. John Kay played a small club out on E. 50 in Orlando called the Varsity in about '86 (only remember cause of the shuttle blowing up), still called themselves Steppenwolf but not everybody was still w/him by then. Ticket price? $7.50!

In '86 they were w/o doubt the loudest f ing band I have ever "heard"- and I saw Blue Cheer, Ted Nugent numerous times (even back to the Amboy Dukes), even Hendrix at the second Atlanta festival- but none were as loud! They had a wall of Marshalls and they were set on KILL. You'd have thought they were playing the freaking Superdome, not a bar w/a 150 occupancy permit!

My ears were never the same afterwards. Seriously. If I had it to do over, I'd have walked outside and listened from there.