Music? - Page 14 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 09:10 AM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Nice Pal, did they let you go home or are you still in the split-tail gown?

Here's one I just received from my lil Bro and even tho it looks like it's gonna be a ballet, it's not, the video choreography and old film clips are superb and I remember every one of them. "ouch"
Let's Dance - YouTube

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 09:27 AM

Last journal entry: was hoping for better than this
Last photo:

home, told to do nothing.. let the meds do there thing..
lost 30lb in 11 days,, something says it's not gonna stay off that easy..
waiting on doctors.. B L O W S ..
I'd never make a good welfare or unemployed person.. as I'd go stircrazy..
wifes at work so I might tinker with my holley and start dipping the parts... only guy you'll ever see cleaning a carb for a rebuild with a charcoal mask on..(resperator)
Old 11-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Living At The Speed Of Life

Last photo:

Marriott died on 20 April 1991 when a fire, thought to have been caused by a cigarette, swept through his 16th century home.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:45 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: mopar hump back
Last photo:

Not bad furgle but I guess I'm too old and it didn't trigger me into wanting to hear more! at my age I'm looking for new sounds but with the old styles like new ballad singers, new rockabilly,Etc, voices that raise an emotion, I listen to old stuff and can remember exactly what I was doing when I heard it 55 years ago, the new country singers all sound alike, the rock stations and others play the same few songs over and over! Even the same song at the same time every day! I'm searching for something and only know it when I hear it and its like the differance between a movie you can watch over and over and one that you watch once and dont want to see it again! And the new ones are just remakes!

Did anyone listen to "Piaf" what did any of you think I was interested in your impressions, Not in if you wanted to listen to it all the time! Like Poverati he has a fantastic voice but im not into opera LOL! But sometimes his voice and certain songs brings out emotions like when he does Poliachi!

My dad was a poor man raised in the poorest area of Kentucky ( a red necked fire and brimstone baptist, heavy drinking, hard hitting with no sympathy for anyone)! My mother was an educated strict Catholic, blue blood from a rich family from Europe! I grew up a mixture of both with a hard sprinkling of the back streets of Detroit During the 50s and 60s and hardened from experiences in combat! Im interested in this thread because we relate so well and We're Knowing each other a little better just by the same interests in music no matter where we grew up or how we were raised!

Jester
Old 11-09-2012, 11:41 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester View Post
Not bad furgle but I guess I'm too old and it didn't trigger me into wanting to hear more! at my age I'm looking for new sounds but with the old styles like new ballad singers, new rockabilly,Etc, voices that raise an emotion, I listen to old stuff and can remember exactly what I was doing when I heard it 55 years ago, the new country singers all sound alike, the rock stations and others play the same few songs over and over! Even the same song at the same time every day! I'm searching for something and only know it when I hear it and its like the differance between a movie you can watch over and over and one that you watch once and dont want to see it again! And the new ones are just remakes!

Did anyone listen to "Piaf" what did any of you think I was interested in your impressions, Not in if you wanted to listen to it all the time! Like Poverati he has a fantastic voice but im not into opera LOL! But sometimes his voice and certain songs brings out emotions like when he does Poliachi!

My dad was a poor man raised in the poorest area of Kentucky ( a red necked fire and brimstone baptist, heavy drinking, hard hitting with no sympathy for anyone)! My mother was an educated strict Catholic, blue blood from a rich family from Europe! I grew up a mixture of both with a hard sprinkling of the back streets of Detroit During the 50s and 60s and hardened from experiences in combat! Im interested in this thread because we relate so well and We're Knowing each other a little better just by the same interests in music no matter where we grew up or how we were raised!

Jester
fair enough.. I like singers that can sing.. tate has a 6+ octave range and uses it..
and bands that play techical time phases and wide changes in time/tempo..
those where lite.. most of the stuff is heavier..
Old 11-09-2012, 12:50 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Furgal View Post
wifes at work so I might tinker with my holley
don't know about the NE but that's a misdemeanor in some states

Here's a little ditty from the "original" Boss Hawg and Outlaw!
See if you can relate to the lyrics??????
Old 11-09-2012, 12:58 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Did anyone listen to "Piaf" what did any of you think I was interested in your impressions, Jester
see post #194
Old 11-09-2012, 01:18 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

I don't know if that was meant for furgal only, But that songs about my first wife to a "T" I used to listen to it a lot years ago! when we were both hard drinkers and much of my time was in Jail because of her!!! I relate strongly And I really thought about Killing but couldn't live without her LOL!

She passed: drowned in the tub with a drink and a pill bottle! Don't send a condolence She died doing what she loved best (Booze & pills) I'll always love her for the good times and hate her for the bad! for 13 years I boozed and lived the same life and thought I was happy!! Now my 2 0ldest boys from our Marriage are alcoholics and stonners I love em and hate em! That's probably hard for you guys to understand how you can love and hate the same person! It may be because I see my (Old life) self in them!

Jester
Old 11-09-2012, 01:26 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched ratchet View Post
see post #194
I dont Know how I missed that And thanks! While my mother was alive and young I spoke her language and English she always spoke a combination of both drove my dad nuts! Me over the years only understand fragments of the Flemish she spoke its too bad I didn't use it! But where? LOL

Jester
Old 11-09-2012, 02:39 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
I don't know if that was meant for furgal only,
nawww, it really wasn't meant for anybody but I felt like some of "US" might be able to relate to the last verse. LMAO The first time I saw Waylon do this it was at a pickers songwriters reunion with Kris, Willie, Billy Joe, Iris and others and he had just written it. Kris got to laughing so hard he almost fell out of his chair.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger View Post
Here's one for you blues guys. I heard a song the other day, I think it might have been B.B. King and a gal, singing about having bacon and pancakes for breakfast but then nothin for Sunday morning but they still have each other, something like that. A kick butt song, I've been searching YouTube and google for hours, help me out please.
I was just pullin into the driveway when the song came on, I love it, old time blues.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfuQ4ZF0nF4

Ain't nobodies business, Ruth brown and BB
Old 11-09-2012, 05:08 PM

Last photo:

Good stuff, Dan, I love the 'ol black foundation music like this Mississippi Delta Black Gospel song from Pop Staples. Listen to the entire construction of the song and how it just keeps building and building.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlZZEGvwDBY
Old 11-09-2012, 05:12 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
I don't know if that was meant for furgal only, But that songs about my first wife to a "T" I used to listen to it a lot years ago! when we were both hard drinkers and much of my time was in Jail because of her!!! I relate strongly And I really thought about Killing but couldn't live without her LOL!

She passed: drowned in the tub with a drink and a pill bottle! Don't send a condolence She died doing what she loved best (Booze & pills) I'll always love her for the good times and hate her for the bad! for 13 years I boozed and lived the same life and thought I was happy!! Now my 2 0ldest boys from our Marriage are alcoholics and stonners I love em and hate em! That's probably hard for you guys to understand how you can love and hate the same person! It may be because I see my (Old life) self in them!

Jester
oh I understand.. my mother sad to me once(thats all it took)
I'll always love you, but I don't have to like you.. and I don't like the road your runnin.. it was more a warning than anything else.. sometimes things come through the fog clearer than others.. that was one of those times..
Old 11-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Die standin' up

Last journal entry: geezer69 nova 63
Last photo:

someone mite have mentioned carlos santana. i can listen to him play for hours. i dont even hear the lyrics. i like clapton but i guess santana is my favorite guitar player. i think maby even The best.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.