Music? - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie5.7 View Post
I can understand that. I hope you don't get the impression that I slighted you in my post, I believe we all see (and hear) things a little differently. I think the most important thing when it comes to music is having people actually analyzing and enjoying it for it's musical qualities and not just using the shallow metaphors as a billboard for their lifestyle. Just about everyone that posted has some love of music that extends beyond background noise for every day life.

It's also my belief that style (musical or otherwise) is generational and a lot of music is not forwards-compatible to most people. I was born in 86. Not much music after 95 that I get into, though there's some. Most of what I like is considered before my time. Not many people that are older that solely listen to newer music, you know?
I didnt take any offence to your post at all, dont worry. I know everyone has their own taste in music. I also believe that its mostly influenced by age, which i why i'm the only person so far who enjoys rap. I know i'm influenced by the people i surround myself with. I've always played sports and most of the guys i know like rap or hip hop. I've never really asociated with any other type of people besides athelites actually.
I try not to show my age on hotrodders.com since it seems like the younger members take a lot of crap from some of the guys on here: no one in particular, but an observation i've made. Wow, got off topic there, haha.

Back on topic, i do keep an open mind with music though, and i have a ton of songs of other genres that i like. Like i said before, i'm a huge red hot chili peppers fan Anyone else?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by runn141 View Post
im sorry, but that sounds obnoxious.
Wow you seem like a pleasant person. NOT. Get out of the thread if you're just gonna bash other peoples tastes. Sorry if not everyone in the world likes the same stuff as you.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:36 PM

Last photo:

What kind do you not find obnoxious?

???....????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RUNNYNOSE141.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	68270  
Old 10-05-2012, 04:42 AM

Last journal entry: 27
Last photo:

most people dont like MY taste in music.
but i do passionately hate rap and modern country.
and thats ok with me.
i am not going to go off and rant about it is garbage,no-talent (fill in the blank) noise.
i mean. i like throgging gristle fer cryin out loud.
atrtistic taste is subjective.
as long as i cant hear your car stereo in my living room.
i dont care.

Last edited by unclebill; 10-05-2012 at 04:52 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to unclebill For This Useful Post:
killick (03-26-2013)
Old 10-05-2012, 07:21 AM

Last photo:

60s rock and folk, 70s rock, progressive heavy metal, some death metal, classical music, fusion jazz, german opera, some rap, real country (not this hick pop thats so popular today). My girlfriend makes me listen to pop music; ugh. Hardly any of them are a musician, lyrics are bland...its disposable. But they make way more money than I ever will *shrug*
To each their own.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:24 AM
SB S10

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog7373 View Post
Wow you seem like a pleasant person. NOT. Get out of the thread if you're just gonna bash other peoples tastes. Sorry if not everyone in the world likes the same stuff as you.
i didnt bash you or anyone for liking it, you seem upset that i dont. so im Sorry if not everyone in the world likes the same stuff as you.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:30 AM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:

Quote:
i didnt bash you or anyone for liking it, you seem upset that i dont. so im Sorry if not everyone in the world likes the same stuff as you.
"Retards attempting poetry"
"that sounds obnoxious"
The thread wasnt about what music good and bad, it was about what music you enjoy
Old 10-05-2012, 08:34 AM
SB S10

Last photo:

Quote:
"Retards attempting poetry"
"that sounds obnoxious"
The thread wasnt about what music good and bad, it was about what music you enjoy
it is what it is i guess. you havent whined about the other member who said anything but rap or modern country. but im accused of being the one with a "runnynose141". and "Retards attempting poetry" was really in reply to another post.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:

Quote:
it is what it is i guess. you havent whined about the other member who said anything but rap or modern country. but im accused of being the one with a "runnynose141". and "Retards attempting poetry" was really in reply to another post.
I just don't think its right to call someone a retard just cause you don't like their music or style. Rap may sound dumb but when you really look at the words you'll see its not as easy as you think to write a rap. The other guys haven't made any negative comments about anything, just that they don't like rap, country, etc...
I dont want to argue about it, I'm just stating my opinion on respecting different types of music even though you may not be a fan. Let's just drop it and stay with what the thread was about. What do you enjoy?
Old 10-05-2012, 10:58 AM
www.generationhighoutput. com

Last wiki edit: Painting chrome wheels
Last journal entry: Stopping my journal entries here
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoGear View Post
some death metal
Surprised to hear this from any member on here. The more accessible stuff like Swedish Melodic or the American/Floridian variety? I have a passing interest in death metal as well. Mostly Old School stuff, some more "mainstream" melodic bands.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:19 AM
www.generationhighoutput. com

Last wiki edit: Painting chrome wheels
Last journal entry: Stopping my journal entries here
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 15

Quote:
I didnt take any offence to your post at all, dont worry. I know everyone has their own taste in music. I also believe that its mostly influenced by age, which i why i'm the only person so far who enjoys rap. I know i'm influenced by the people i surround myself with. I've always played sports and most of the guys i know like rap or hip hop. I've never really asociated with any other type of people besides athelites actually.
I try not to show my age on hotrodders.com since it seems like the younger members take a lot of crap from some of the guys on here: no one in particular, but an observation i've made. Wow, got off topic there, haha.

Back on topic, i do keep an open mind with music though, and i have a ton of songs of other genres that i like. Like i said before, i'm a huge red hot chili peppers fan Anyone else?
I can see what you're saying about younger members getting "hazed" on here, but I like being upfront about where I'm at with my skills. I'm sure my posting would reflect that even if I tried to show otherwise. I don't want to be the "young expert" that suddenly needs help installing piston rings or something.

A lot of my friends are into rap and other stuff, but not a lot of it attracts me. Most of it is not nearly simultaneously aggressive and intelligent as a lot of heavy metal can be. There's not a lot of crossover in other genres of music.

Take Alex Skolnick for example. He's the lead guitarist for Testament, one of the most aggressive thrash metal acts from the bay area. He's also a guitarist in the Trans Siberian Orchestra and fronts his own Jazz outfit. Guys a beast of a musician.

The Chili Peppers are good, but I can't get into any of their newer commercial stuff. They lost me at Californication. Bunch of talented guys though, short of Anthony Kiedis. Flea and John Frusciante contributed a lot of work to one of my favorite bands, The Mars Volta. You really have to have together musically to stand on the same stage as them.

I dont want to give the impression that I'm solely into sheer technicality, but being able to actually play and write goes a long way towards me enjoying it.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:34 AM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Started off with rap/hip hop and R&B. When that went downhill by the end of the 90s, started exploring other genres. Slowly realized that I was out-growing the artists in terms of maturity, and wasn't always thrilled to read about their personal lives. Now, I listen to practically every genre from oldies to rap to New Age to country, but the lyrics have to be rock solid awesome. What I listen to the most is movie soundtracks because I don't find myself saying "that's BS" after lyrics lol!
Old 10-05-2012, 01:37 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Surprised to hear this from any member on here. The more accessible stuff like Swedish Melodic or the American/Floridian variety? I have a passing interest in death metal as well. Mostly Old School stuff, some more "mainstream" melodic bands.
Old School American stuff is good; although I prefer the ones with some semblance of musical talent. I was a big Nightwish fan for years, along with Iced Earth and Opeth so my tastes run the gamut. If I hear something and like it...I like it, regardless of its genre
Old 10-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:

Quote:
I can see what you're saying about younger members getting "hazed" on here, but I like being upfront about where I'm at with my skills. I'm sure my posting would reflect that even if I tried to show otherwise. I don't want to be the "young expert" that suddenly needs help installing piston rings or something.

A lot of my friends are into rap and other stuff, but not a lot of it attracts me. Most of it is not nearly simultaneously aggressive and intelligent as a lot of heavy metal can be. There's not a lot of crossover in other genres of music.

Take Alex Skolnick for example. He's the lead guitarist for Testament, one of the most aggressive thrash metal acts from the bay area. He's also a guitarist in the Trans Siberian Orchestra and fronts his own Jazz outfit. Guys a beast of a musician.

The Chili Peppers are good, but I can't get into any of their newer commercial stuff. They lost me at Californication. Bunch of talented guys though, short of Anthony Kiedis. Flea and John Frusciante contributed a lot of work to one of my favorite bands, The Mars Volta. You really have to have together musically to stand on the same stage as them.

I dont want to give the impression that I'm solely into sheer technicality, but being able to actually play and write goes a long way towards me enjoying it.
The peppers aren't the same without John. I hated their last album.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:39 PM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

Anybody out there like ZZ Top, Lynard Skynard, Lyle Lovett, Delbert McClinton, Susan Tedeschi or Stevie Ray Vaughn? Seems like if you're a car guy you would like a good get down the highway "Boogie" tunes like "The Breeze", "La Grange" and "Too Much Stuff" but maybe I'm wrong. Truth be known, age has a HUGE BEARING on musical tastes, like it or not.

Here's my contribution:

Have a great weekend, Y'all,
WR
The Following User Says Thank You to wretched ratchet For This Useful Post:
Camaro_Nut2001 (12-07-2012)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.