Music? - Page 29 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2013, 08:50 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS View Post
This one ALWAYS makes me think about a few things...

Willie Nelson Always on my Mind - YouTube
love that song. thanks for that.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to tech69 For This Useful Post:
NEW INTERIORS (02-02-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 08:54 AM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

[QUOTE=tech69;1641686]I'm surprised no one posted James Taylor. The guy was extremely talented.

I agree Tech, a great artist indeed - - - - I guess my favorite of his efforts would be the duet with Carole King ala "You've Got a Friend" !
Old 02-02-2013, 08:54 AM
put up or shut up

Last photo:

I rarely find a modern song I like but I find the chorus to this song just amazingly done. Don't care much for the song or the overall sound but the chorus alone makes it worth listening too. It's moving.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:57 AM
Artful Dodger

Last journal entry: From behind
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched ratchet View Post
I laughed until I almost chocked.
This one is kinda similar & also very funny: The Gas Man Cometh
Old 02-02-2013, 09:02 AM
put up or shut up

Last photo:

[quote=wretched ratchet;1641697]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
I'm surprised no one posted James Taylor. The guy was extremely talented.

I agree Tech, a great artist indeed - - - - I guess my favorite of his efforts would be the duet with Carole King ala "You've Got a Friend" !
LOVE THAT SONG! He doesn't get enough play on the radio or I guess I should rather say he's not enough of a household name for classic rock guys of my generation. Some one out there hasn't done their job in passing on his music to us.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:05 AM
put up or shut up

Last photo:

I hope someone out there likes this song. I'd say this would appeal to the 35-40 year olds raised on MTV, like me.
The Following User Says Thank You to tech69 For This Useful Post:
Valkyrie5.7 (02-02-2013)
Old 02-02-2013, 09:09 AM
put up or shut up

Last photo:

who ever said this guy was a one hit wonder hasn't heard the two good songs he made!

Old 02-02-2013, 09:37 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,224 Times in 1,079 Posts
Quote:
That tune has some bitter sweet memories for me because the first time I heard it was when a dear friend sent it to me. I laughed until I almost chocked. However, "Tottie" (a Scotsman transplanted to New Zealand) has since passed away. I think of him and his joy that he shared a lot and this has brought back some good, yet sad, memories.
Music can be so powerful like that. You know that feeling you get when you hear a song and it brings you right back to a moment in time? We are talking you are THERE, and it may be something as odd as one of mine. I hear "We are the Champions" begin and I am 17 years old in my girlfriends 68 Camaro and I am on a freeway entrance on 880 at Fremont Bl across the street from the GM plant, I am entering the freeway going south.
The first few measures of that song will put me THERE on that friggin on ramp in 1977! It's the damnedest thing.

I accidentally stumbled across the neatest magic. If you purchase a piece of new music, and you listen to that new music while on vacation, that music will forever bring you back to that vacation each and every time you hear it. The family went to the Grand Canyon on a wonderful Thanksgiving vacation 10 years ago, having Thanksgiving dinner in restaurant on the south rim of the canyon.
On the way there we stopped at Buck Owens "Crystal Palace" in Bakersfield and while there picked up a tape of Bucks Christmas music.
So this was all new music, the first time I heard this music in my life (outside of Santa Looked a lot like Daddy) was on this trip. When I hear the songs on this tape now, it takes me back to Route 66 and all the wonderful things we saw like nothing else could, as good or better than a photo album.

Our "Cars" sound track, oh my goodness is that one connected to our road trips. Every time we pull out of a hotel to hit the road I put this song on as we pull onto the interstate. I still use it for any road trip even if it's only a few hours we often will remember to put it on as we hit the freeway on ramp.

And Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwoʻole or Jake Shirmakuru.

We bought this CD at an ABC store in Waikiki the first day of our vacation and listened to it while driving around the island. Saw many rain bows perfectly cued to the music. With my 11 year old son (at the time) singing perfectly in Hawaiian in the back of the rental van. Never knew he had such a voice and we were all blown away.

When I went there for my son's wedding I stumbled upon this concert on the main street in Waikiki while on a walk with my daughter and of course bought a CD that night. There is nothing that will relax me after a hard day at work than listening to either of these guys on the way home from work.

Try it sometime, you can even do it right there at home. Buy a new piece of music and only listen to it on walks. Go on a nice hike or something and listen to that music but no where else but these walks. Soon that music will take you right back to that relaxing hike the second you hear it.

And thank God for the artist, what a beautiful world they help to create.

Brian

Last edited by MARTINSR; 02-02-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Living At The Speed Of Life

Last photo:

Feb 3 1959.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:41 PM
www.generationhighoutput. com

Last wiki edit: Painting chrome wheels
Last journal entry: Stopping my journal entries here
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
I hope someone out there likes this song. I'd say this would appeal to the 35-40 year olds raised on MTV, like me.
Quiet Riot-Bang Your Head(Metal Health) re recorded and remastered - YouTube
This was one of my first cassettes as a kid. I used to listen to this album quite a bit.

I've got my old lady addicted to this song:

And I've been listening to this quite a bit:
Old 02-02-2013, 01:44 PM

Last photo:

Tomorrow - the day the Music Died?

Tomorrow will be the 54th Anniversary of the plane crash that took the lives of Buddy Holly, Jape Richardson (the Big Bopper) and Ritchie Valens.

I was a Senior in H.S. and I can remember walking into the hallway the morning after the crash and seeing several girls crying and lots of groups standing around looking very troubled. Then I heard of what had happened in Iowa on a frozen snow covered Corn Field. I tried not to think of it that day but on the way home the local D.J. friend of mine was playing their songs back to back and it was then I pulled my 50 Ford coupe over to the side of the road and, with hankie in hand, I bid my farewell to my departed Music Heroes.

Buddy Holly

The Big Bopper

Richie Valens

Old 02-02-2013, 02:04 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,224 Times in 1,079 Posts
Quote:
Tomorrow will be the 54th Anniversary of the plane crash that took the lives of Buddy Holly, Jape Richardson (the Big Bopper) and Ritchie Valens.

I was a Senior in H.S. and I can remember walking into the hallway the morning after the crash and seeing several girls crying and lots of groups standing around looking very troubled. Then I heard of what had happened in Iowa on a frozen snow covered Corn Field. I tried not to think of it that day but on the way home the local D.J. friend of mine was playing their songs back to back and it was then I pulled my 50 Ford coupe over to the side of the road and, with hankie in hand, I bid my farewell to my departed Music Heroes.

I am a big fan of Buddy Holly and have even been to his grave. And to the Buddy Holly center where they have the Fender he played at the Surf Ballroom and the glasses he was wearing in the crash (found about ten years ago in the courthouse in Iowa).

I have a great LP from back in the 70's that has a bunch of unreleased live recordings and interviews. I also have a recording that he did in his apartment practicing on songs just weeks before his death. It was left recording while he ate dinner so it has he and Marie's conversation over dinner on it!

He was really going places in the industry and most likely wouldn't have been a flash in the pan.

RIP Buddy.

Brian
Old 02-02-2013, 02:54 PM

Last photo:

I agree, Brian, I think he would have eventually become a Producer/Song Writer/Promoter and Jape probably would have had a pretty good career in the Recording Industry also but not as an artist more than likely. Ritchie was perfect for the times as was Johnny Rodriguez but I don't think his career would have survived much longer.. Just MHO !
Old 02-02-2013, 03:28 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester View Post
This song chokes me up! I cant type what it means to me or I'll cry!

Jester

Willie Nelson-Angel Flying Too Close To The Ground - YouTube
Believe it or not Jester,,, But I was going to post two songs when I made that post.... And this one was the second,,, It's really funny to see you post it right after me... wanting too..

That is two of my best songs ever done...You can tell he sings from the heart,,
Old 02-02-2013, 03:39 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
I am a big fan of Buddy Holly and have even been to his grave. And to the Buddy Holly center where they have the Fender he played at the Surf Ballroom and the glasses he was wearing in the crash (found about ten years ago in the courthouse in Iowa).
Brian
I've got a friend in Floral Park N.Y. that was born on Buddy's birthday and his nickname is Buddy. They have a 50s celebration every Feb 3rd and they all dress up in approprite attire. He's got everything that Buddy ever did and anything that relates to him and he was always bugging me to meet him at the Surf one year to celebrate the Music but we never got to do it. Our band did a sit down gig in the late 60s for a month so I've been to all the Buddy stuff there in Lubbock (where the sky is brown lol) I was kinda disappointed in the Museum there - - - I guess I was expecting more.

FWIW, my first born grandaughter's birthday is tomorrow so that day is a meaningful one to me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.