Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Music through the age groups
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2003, 04:33 AM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Being I`m 29, I`ll say this. I grew up in the country, pretty much isolated, my father only listens to country, he thought I would do the same, but my older brother, who`s 10 years older than I am, was into rock and roll, especially Kiss. he and I were very close, so I followed his lead, and I got into Kiss when i was around 5, he had a small income around 15 years of age, and would spend it on LP`s, I remember when he brought home the first Van Halen LP, and it blew me completely away, never heard anything like that, he got me into other groups as well, Queen, Boston, Kansas, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Lynyrd Skynyrd just to name a few. the 80`s had a big impact on me, since I grew up in the 80`s, and I still have all the 80`s music and classic rock stuff. the last band in my opinion that was any good was Nirvana. music today, like britney spears, shania twain, isn`t something I can see myself getting into, since they didn`t write there own material, and they didn`t play a instrument on it goes to show when you got looks and a body you can sell 15 million albums and it don`t require any talent what so ever to do it. sad.