Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The MUST HAVE floor jack.
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,080 Times in 963 Posts
The MUST HAVE floor jack.

I have to tell you guys, I appreciate a good tool. If you have read my posts on tools, I preach to buy the best you possibly can, it makes a difference. I have a nice 1.5 ton floor jack at home for quickie stuff. Then I have a big 2.5 ton monster that is much longer and wider for moving around cars and stuff like that.

A couple of days ago we got a new floor jack at work and I just can't believe how much better this jack is than anything I have ever used. OH-MY-GOD this thing is REALLY nice.

It just about rolls by it's self it is so ballanced and the wheels are so nice. Just give it a shove and it will roll many feet across the shop floor. It is REALLY nice. I haven't used it until just a few minutes ago. I grabbed it and went walking off across the parking lot to move a totaled Ford Focus. Just pulling it across the lot was so darn easy I loved it before I even used it. Then I jack up the car (it has that extra foot pedal to quickly get it up until it hits the car) and it went up so easy the car I just pulled on it and spun the car around pulling it 50 feet or so across the lot over a couple of seams in the black top and pulled it up to the tow truck and dropped it down. There is NO WAY I could have done this with our old floor jack, not without pulling a muscle in my back or something or having a couple of guys pushing. I moved it with out so much as a grunt!

Is it expensive, yep, about $700. But I am telling you, if you have an auto repair business you are throwing away more than that on labor time. And if you work by yourself it is a MUST so you don't hurt yourself.

I am loving this jack!

Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2002.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	347.4 KB
ID:	54442   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2003.JPG
Views:	197
Size:	449.4 KB
ID:	54443