Hot Rod Forum banner

Is this a Mustang front end?

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Norm3 
#1 ·
I have just bought this 1949 F1 fitted with air ride and I am told a mustang front end. I want to rebush it etc but am having bother identifying the year etc. Anybody recognise it?
cheers

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Yep, 67-69 Camaro. 70 and up had front steer.

And those aren't stock brakes so you are going to have to do some research to come up with the pads.

Brian

#5 ·
You know what, they may be original, I was thinking, the 67-68 had a four piston caliper I am pretty certain but the 69 I believe was single piston so it could be a 69 subframe.

Brian

#7 ·
Thanks Guys, that was quick. I am not sure of the stud pattern other than it is a five stud. It has what look like Vintique wheels with two patterns ie 10 holes. I will measure up at the weekend and see if I can work it out. I will do some more research on the 67-69 Camaro route to see what I can come up with. I sent the pics to Real Steel to see if they could help but no reply yet.
Now I need to find out what carb I have on the 305 so I can rebuild it, some old single barrel leaky thing, might be best to replace with a four barrel and a manifold, but I'll save that for another post.
Came with an English MOT but lots to do to pass our Isle of Man test, oh well spanners ahoy!

Thanks again

#11 ·
fingers crossed and thanks

Just to update this I contacted Summit with the pics and they confirm it is a first generation Camaro 67/69 so thanks for the help guys. I really hope it is as I am expecting delivery tomorrow of full front end rebuild with bigger sway bar, manifold & carb etc. Time to get busy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.