Hot Rod Forum banner

Mustang II brake conversions

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  50sCarStuff 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,
I'm looking at brake conversion kits for the MII front end and I see lots with ford rotors and chevy rotors but all seem to use Chevy Calipers. Can someone tell me why??

I'd love to keep everything one make under the front end if for no other reason, there's less for my tired old mind to remember

tia

john
:D

#2 ·
well i asume that you want bigger brakes since you are asking a conversion...

the kits konsists of two 11 inch rotors, drilled for chevy or ford boltpattern. and a set of chevy single piston calibres, the reason is price (the calibres for chevy are plain and simple cheaper). and then the brackets to mount the calibres and some assorted nuts bolts and bareings.

id say go with it and try to remember, of have your wife write it down,

#4 ·
MII Brakes

I designed a bolt on bracket that uses newer Ford calipers and the granada 11" rotors.

I also designed a bolt on bracket for the ford 9" rearend for 10.5" rotors and Ford rear calipers.

This set uses the calipers form a T- Bird or full size ford car, the rear calipers have the emergency brake set up on the caliper.

#6 ·
Re: MII Brakes

50sCarStuff said:

I also designed a bolt on bracket for the ford 9" rearend for 10.5" rotors and Ford rear calipers.

This set uses the calipers form a T- Bird or full size ford car, the rear calipers have the emergency brake set up on the caliper.
If you could post a picture of this bracket, it would be be greatly appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.