mustang II ifs bushings???? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2002, 09:05 PM
Father of Many

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Post mustang II ifs bushings????

My son and I have purchased a 1976 ifs off a mustang II and we need to replace the bushings.We are planning on purchasing a kit crossmember but I figure we may as well get the small stuff out of the way. Does anyone know all of the bushings we will need( ie:upper control arm and so on) and where we can find them at a reasonable price. I have seen some of the heist bushings in cool colors but, I can't find where to purchase even the black one's.
Thanks-Mario and Tyler

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2002, 02:02 AM
Speed is a question of money..

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Mario & Tyler:

I may not be much help, but here goes!

As far as which bushings to replace... ALL OF 'EM. Remember, your talking about a front end set up that's 26 years old. Want to know which bushings are which? Cruise by your library and hunt down a shop manual for the 76 Mustangs, photocopy the page and voila!

Now, where to buy... check your local Napa and CarQuest parts stores if you have any there. I've also got a 72 Mustang and you'd be surprised what these folks have in stock or can get from a warehouse overnight at a VERY REASONABLE PRICE. If you just can't find anything, check with some of the Mustang rebuild magazines like California Mustang or Mustangs Unlimited and ask for a catalog.

Surprisingly, even though you can't find much in the way of body/restoration parts for the "Mini-Mustangs" you can find suspension parts because so many of them were scavenged by the Street Rodding fanatics. That also gives way to checking with some of the street rod companies who sell the Mustang II "mock" front ends/suspensions. Pick up a street rod magazine the next time you're at the supermarket and see what's available... you might even see the colored ones you were talking about.

SuperFrog
Old 11-12-2002, 06:39 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto...
Last journal entry: How to change auto shift timing on 200R4
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 21

fatherandson53; Don't overlook the stock MII x-member. It is actually fairly easy to cut out of the donor car and graft into your stock frame. Also, I contend it is stronger than the aftermarket units (see recent post on this board with pictures of Heidt's unit that failed from fatigue fractures). I have a couple of tech articles I can send you on this installation if you are interested. Just send me your e-mail address.

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.