Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Mustang II Kit Failure
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 08:25 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xntrik
Simply just looking at it, it seems obvious to me that the strut rod in tension is much much stronger than any type of strut rod elimation system.

Any other pluses or minuses to the strut system pales in comparison to strength.

I've been following this post for a long time and have kept my $.02 to myself. But I would have to agree with you. I'm not an enginner nor have I installed a MII system. I think though I'm some what with it though. When you look at any LCA on any car, it attaches at 2 seperate and distint locations along the frame rail. This forms a nice, wide base that IMO, would resist deflection, ect. On most of these kit that do away with the strut, it leaves just the cross memeber to handle all of the twisting loads. The cross memeber looks to be about 3". I think when Ford designed this system, they would have done away with the strut from both a manufacturing and finacial reasons...but they didn't. Personally, the only way I'd install a MII system is if it was exactly the way Ford designed it since they have vast engineering and financial sources at their disposal and feel that it's safe for what ever their customers are going to throw at it. I've learned a long time ago not to re-engineer something that someone has already spent a lot of time and money on because it usually come back to bite you in the ***.