Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Mustang power rack
View Single Post
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 07-26-2011, 02:21 PM
pnt4u2's Avatar
pnt4u2 pnt4u2 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 25
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Flow Control valve needed

What is needed to connect a GM p/s pump, rated at 3gpm, to a Mustang II rack, using 2 gpm, is a flow control valve. Speedway Motors has them, under $20, when I bought mine. It screws into the back of the p/s pump, replacing the control valve already in use. I have a the same set up and it cured my problem. Problem known as the "twitch" commonly caused by mating a GM pump to a Ford rack.
Reply With Quote