Hot Rod Forum banner

My 1st try....THANK Dantwolakes!!!

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  cranky1 
#1 ·
I knew I had always wanted to learn trim work.
Already did the mechanical and paint and body.

We started on a father/son project and I knew it would be really cool to do something custom for the interior.

79 Camaro
Son loves the Hugger orange outside so I figured why not make it a little bit retro on the inside.

Just got 1 rear bottom cushion done but with the tutorials from Dan I think it turned out pretty good.

Next I go for the other seats and door panels

Before After
Before After

See less See more
#5 ·
cboy said:
Impressive work. What kind of sewing machine did you use? Do you have any step-by-step pictures of the process?
I used a PFAFF 145 I picked up off craigslist for $400.
Replaced the clutch motor with a servo motor. Man what a sweet machine. It sews great.

I didn't do any step by step pics on this part but I will on the rest. I started with the smallest part in case I had to do it over again it wouldn't waste as much material."Figured I would end up screwing up a step anyway" ;) ;)

I used 1/2" sew foam on the seating area and 1/4" on the sides.

#6 · (Edited)
Very nice, you did a good job. That houndstooth check fabric is big with the Camaro community. You were wise to pick something pretty simple for your first project. It gives you the confidence to keep going. Now you know you can do it. So for about $600 you got a Pfaff 145 with a servo motor? Great find!

Also: Thanks for the kind words, you really made my day!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.