Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - My 2nd Close Call - 3rd Time's HOPEFULLY Not A "Charm"
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2003, 04:32 PM
Psychotic

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Well your signature is still not working, lol. Over here you can only get your license at age 18. I was in the Navy then and never got round to getting a car or anything, then I got married and my husband did not have a license so I kinda never got round to it, could not even drive a car, but I could ride a bike. After he died I used some of the insurance money and bought my first car, finally decided it was time to learn to drive, I was about 22 years old. I had this thing about learning to drive in someone else's car and totalling it, so I waited till I had my own to mess up. Only disastrous thing I can remember from those days is having to go fetch my now husband from town about 500 miles away cos the exhaust fell off his motorbike and the cops impounded it. About 50 miles out of town the exhaust fell off the car, from the manifold, right off, my friend [she was 18 and had her 6 month old baby in the car] and I put it on the bike trailor I was towing and we just carried on driving, my first taste of how real noisy a car can be, needless to say I got arrested when we drove into the town where my husband was. They radioed the police from the town before as we drove thru and there was a road block as we drove in. I have avoided that part of the country ever since. We also managed to total a Laurel 280i on a pass in the pouring rain, never brake on a curve, never brake on a curve in the rain, we landed up balanced in a thorn bush, with about a 300 ft drop just after it, no one stopped for us, except a guy in a petrol tanker who wanted to haul the car up, but we decided to wait for morning for a tow truck.