Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - My 2nd Close Call - 3rd Time's HOPEFULLY Not A "Charm"
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2003, 11:53 PM
drive it like you hate it

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I had my first wreck about two weeks ago while I was home from college for thanksgiving break. I was driving out of town on a four lane highway heading south (right side of road). I am in the left lane in my dad's 1991 Mercedes 190e (his baby), I woulda taken my camaro but I didnt feel like getting it warmed up for a short drive to the junkyard. So I am driving along with nobody on my right side in the right lane. And I see this women in a Cadillac, with a clear view, inching forward to come across the median and turn north. I coulda sworn that we made eye contact and she just kept inching forward. So at this point, I decide she is gonna keep being stupid and pull out in front of me so I had already started slowing down some and I slam on the brakes. I end up t- boning her in the left rear door going about 30 mph. I glance off and come to a stop on the shoulder. The airbag did not deploy and luckily everyone involved was wearing a seatbelt and all walked away. I was extremely angry when I climbed through the pass. side door (mine was jammed shut by the left front impact) and just had to be talked down to being calm by the people around me. The first firefighter there was my neighbor and he got me calmed down. So anyway, the car was messed up, suspension and frame on left front pushed back and all front end sheet-metal needs replaced. Her caddy needs a new door, new wheel, and rocker panel pulled and it'll be fine. So the insurance comp. totals the car, prolly due to age, and we'll prollly get decent market value for it. I just wish that people would take their time a little bit more and just pay a little more attention. My wreck wasn't bad, but it coulda been a lot worse.

And after the wreck, I looked thinking that maybe if I coulda held my lane I woulda gotten through, but judging by my skid marks and where they hit her car at, she woulda hit me in the right front and shot me into a guardrail and down a steep bank, so I think I took the best way out.