Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - My 350 Chokes!
Thread: My 350 Chokes!
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2002, 05:34 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I kind of had the same problem with my motor after I rebuilt it. I have a 355 sbc with a 214-224 cam, weiand stealth intake, headers etc. I played around with the carb and timing. With the carb (same as yours) I changed the step up springs to the stiffer ones (or it could be lighter, cant remember). Basically the metering rods open quicker on full throttle. This cured a big hesitation when the throttle was floored. I went to the next bigger jet and the next smaller metering rod. Bigger cam and intake equals more fuel required. I set the accelerator pump rod to the top setting. This made a major difference in performance. As far as the timing goes, I thought I had it set good at 12 deg but I advanced to to 18 degrees at idle and 32 degrees mechanical at 2600 rpm . The mechanical advance is still a little low but thats as far as my distributor will go. Its a Hei. The power is strong on the low end and pulls hard to 5500 rpm. I also installed a MDS ign module. I think your problem is more tune related and it just take some fiddling to get it right. Also make sure there are no vacuum leaks.