Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - My 350 Chokes!
Thread: My 350 Chokes!
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2002, 04:06 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

hello furfman, when you changed the cam are you absolutely positively double triple sure that you got the CAM timeing right and not a tooth out ?sounds like it may be a bit retarded.you can quadroople check it by "degreeing" the cam if you have the cam spec's.since it is a new cam you will have new lifters i hope. i would take the valve covers off and start her up and make sure the pushrods are rotateing ,i like to mark them with a white pen so its easy to see them rotateing,if there not rotateing it could mean the lifters are'nt rotateing (bad if hydralic flat tapet cam)also double check your valve ajustment. pull the plugs and inspect them they sometimes are a good indication of problems.your cam seems of average lift/duration and i run the same cam with a 600 holly with no problems i had to rejet it cause it was poping and farting up top from being to lean tho.these are a couple of possible answers but it could be something else totally unrelated.hopefully its something simple like a kid put a bannana up the tail pipe or something ,good luck and keep us posted