Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - My '64 Cutlass 442 in a poster??? Without my permission!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2004, 05:23 PM
Move It On Over!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

It's definitely your car. You can tell by the identical shading going on towards the front of the quarter panel as well as the exact match of reflections on the chrome of the front bumper. The shading could be a coincidence, but I think it would be nearly impossible to have the exact reflections on the chrome.

A picture or any other work is copyright even without the copyright (c) mark. The work must specifically state it is for the Public Domain if it is for the Public Domain. You could get him on copyright infringements. But, you are in one state and he is probably in another. Therefore, you would need one or more lawyers on the bar of both states. Then, you would have to go through the whole ordeal of building the case and it will cost lots of money.

I've been through this before with some source code to a program I wrote that was stolen, the @#$*&# took my name off the documentation and everywhere else and put his name in its place! Then, to top it off, he claimed I stole the code from him! I wanted to get my friends together and charter a bus and get the $&**(&#$*(. But, that was just as expensive as hiring a lawyer, so I just went around being a real grouch for about a year. Those who knew me knew the truth and that was the most important thing to me.

What's the best thing to do? I don't know. Maybe complain to eBay. Maybe ask for a one-time commision. Or just forget about except for being a grouch for about a year! Maybe something bad will happen to the guy (or something already has) and he will live his life in ruin...