Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - My '64 Cutlass 442 in a poster??? Without my permission!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2004, 03:51 PM
I wanted an egg-salad sandwich

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

The image is of yours, even if it is posted on every website in the world, he needs your consent to use it (especially if the use is for sale) I couldnt see what his response was back to you, but you ARE clearly in the right. I own many websites, and have had issues with people taking my images (hey isnt that how I found this website HRK?).
You have several course of action.
You can talk to him, and make him pay you for use of the image.
You can get a lawyer to write him a cease and desist about using your image for any future posters (this probably cost 200$)
You can also sue him for damages and profits for the use (this would require court and probably be the most costly.
Since the image is on Ebay, you can tell ebay that he used the image illegaly. They will hopefully shut the auction down, and you can do this anytime he trys to sell that image. (I would call ebay, and not rely on email)

It is cool that he used your car for the poster, but I understand how you'd be mad. Its one of those things you either just have to forget or go whole hog and pursue...

GLuck

I just checked out his ebay listing, and other stuff he has for sale..I also noted on your cutlass board someone else had this happen...

he also has
PLEASE NOTE: There is a "SAMPLE" watermark on the photo to discourage bootleggers. It does not appear on the print!
on his page...
What a jerk! stealin the image is okay for him, but not you!!
This seems to be his lively hood, I'd try to shut him down

Or start a campaign. using google "image" search I bet you can find the majority of pictures he is using, why not start emailing everyone he is ripping off. Start getting everyone to campaign him, I noticed that he shut down his Ebay store all ready
contact EBAY too!!

Any body that owns a car should check out his current listings
make sure this guy isnt ripping you off too!
http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQg...sortpropertyZ1

Oh great! now im mad too!

Gluck

Last edited by crazygutgut; 10-18-2004 at 03:51 PM.