Hot Rod Forum banner

My 90 year old friend died

953 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  428ho 
#1 ·
I felt sorry for his old Scout so I bought it. He loved this thing, always kept it garaged and drove it like an old man.

I kept thinking about what will become of my toys after I'm gone.

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry about your friend but 90 is a pretty full life and it's great to see that a friend and an appreciator of nice cars now owns his old toy. I've had two of those old Scouts during my lifetime and enjoyed them a lot.

Good question about what happens to the toys after we are gone. I've already gotten my two sons together and made them choose which gun they get and they promised to flip a coing a take turns picking out the tools, musical instruments and other equipment. As far as the 55 goes, who knows ?

You gonna drive that Scout like an old man??? ;)

#3 ·
Yea Its a mixed bag whether I want to live to 90 .

I hope your Friend passed peacefully in his sleep.

As far as your toys if you have kids make a written legal will with no room for errors.

I lost 2 good old Friends in the past decade & when the "man " of the house passed the whole family went to chit. they did so much weird crap I could not believe my eyes.

It terminated my Friend ships with both ...that bad.

Me? I have no kids SO If I go 1st my wife can sell the stuff off & if she goes 1st .

Pffffft who cares. :confused:

it only material stuff.

The important things are the only thing you take with you when you go.

R :thumbup:

#6 ·
BD - Bless his heart.
Just looking at the picture of your old friend's Scout, I can tell he was a man after my own heart. My Dad just past away too, November of last year, at 90. Pop had a 429 ThunderJet 70 T-bird he babied just like your pal babied his International - he treated it like a blond-haired blue-eyed Grand Daughter.
Pity about Dad's Bird was, it got hit by a drunk while parked outside his house and the trunk lid wound up in the back seat. It got sent to the bone yard before the good stuff could be fetched off of it.

If I live till I'm 90, I'll break my pension fund.

Happy trails :)

#7 ·
Sorry about your friend. 90 is a good life span though, especially when they can stay sharp.
Those Scouts are one of my favorite rides. Stock or modified they just have a cool look about them.

I to wonder what will become of my toys, no kids, limited family. Probably sell them off as I get to old to play with them I guess.

My 95 year old grandmother has slowly passed along certain things over the years. I think it's good for her to see the joy of the recipient now rather than waiting until after she's gone to divide things up. She knows her time is limited.

She told me the other day she does get kind of lonely as she's out lived all her close friends, I told her what she needs is a boyfriend. She laughed and said the problem with that is she won't date men younger than her. I said yep, that pretty much eliminates most of them.
Jeez, she's still has a sharp mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.