My 98 Chevy 1500 Pickup and I need help. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2012, 02:31 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

My 98 Chevy 1500 Pickup and I need help.

Okay well I have hot rodded it a little first wrong thing. However, now i can't get my truck to start. . I guess you can call it chase, anyway my buddy turned down a dirt road that I didn't know was dirt and I went right behind him. well first mistake when i hit it i started join sideways but when i was trying to stop fishtailing and get straight again my truck ran up a tavern thing and high centered (thank goodness it did roll with me and my friend in it) but it tore my like little under bumper or shield thing off and it was behind my truck well thats the first thing. Then my friend traded trucks to go to her boyfriends and my boyfriend came to mine and they were doing whatever me and my bf left to go drive around so I decided to take back ways around because this town has A LOT of dirt like roads anyway full of water and i went through them and stuff and then my friends boyfriend came and was following us we got to allsup's and traded again we were following then I played a trick on boys and turned around and left them. well on my way back to town I was hearing some sort of a noise and it wasn't really a ticking noise though but I can't fully describe it either. and it never made that noise before it purrs like a kitten. Anyway I found a spot that had light and parked downtown and shut off the truck to look at it. my friend said she smelled something like it was almost burning and then I did I figured one I over heated or two it was just like a muddy kinda smell. But I couldn't figure out what it was and we wound up having to tow it home. my friends boyfriend figured it was the battery got wet at first so we put on some jumper cables. but its starts but it, i don't know almost knocks the engine around i guess? but not like that. then it will finally go over, but when i pressed the gas it shut right back off again. so we knew it wasn't the battery. then someone said something bout my distributor cap. I had dad look at it but he hasn't quite had time... I just hope this is fixable, my stupid mistakes costed my my favorite truck that was once my granddads. and it honey had like 30,000 miles on it when I got it... So its in really good shape kept now. And I really need to know what I need to do Is it fixable. and what not. ideas on what to look at and stuff...

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2012, 03:11 PM

Last photo:

Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtnii2012
Okay well I have hot rodded it a little first wrong thing. However, now i can't get my truck to start. . I guess you can call it chase, anyway my buddy turned down a dirt road that I didn't know was dirt and I went right behind him. well first mistake when i hit it i started join sideways but when i was trying to stop fishtailing and get straight again my truck ran up a tavern thing and high centered (thank goodness it did roll with me and my friend in it) but it tore my like little under bumper or shield thing off and it was behind my truck well thats the first thing. Then my friend traded trucks to go to her boyfriends and my boyfriend came to mine and they were doing whatever me and my bf left to go drive around so I decided to take back ways around because this town has A LOT of dirt like roads anyway full of water and i went through them and stuff and then my friends boyfriend came and was following us we got to allsup's and traded again we were following then I played a trick on boys and turned around and left them. well on my way back to town I was hearing some sort of a noise and it wasn't really a ticking noise though but I can't fully describe it either. and it never made that noise before it purrs like a kitten. Anyway I found a spot that had light and parked downtown and shut off the truck to look at it. my friend said she smelled something like it was almost burning and then I did I figured one I over heated or two it was just like a muddy kinda smell. But I couldn't figure out what it was and we wound up having to tow it home. my friends boyfriend figured it was the battery got wet at first so we put on some jumper cables. but its starts but it, i don't know almost knocks the engine around i guess? but not like that. then it will finally go over, but when i pressed the gas it shut right back off again. so we knew it wasn't the battery. then someone said something bout my distributor cap. I had dad look at it but he hasn't quite had time... I just hope this is fixable, my stupid mistakes costed my my favorite truck that was once my granddads. and it honey had like 30,000 miles on it when I got it... So its in really good shape kept now. And I really need to know what I need to do Is it fixable. and what not. ideas on what to look at and stuff...
It sounds to me like the cat is dying, or is dead.

Now go back and read your post and if you can make any sense out of it, let us know.

OH! Welcome to the site, we love to help when we can understand what we are told.

Bob
Old 02-08-2012, 04:47 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

Last time I high centered a pickup truck, I crushed the exhaust ( offroading a stock Ranger )... Crushed exhaust will cause the cat to run hot, and the engine to not run well... That was a hard read
Old 02-08-2012, 09:05 PM

well if you went through a lot of water the engine may just be wet, let it sit overnight and see what happens. ive gone through some water myself and had some problems. but for future reference if your gonna do any type of muddin, avoid the water, especially if its your everyday driver

branden
Old 02-09-2012, 09:44 AM

Well See I have let it sit for a couple days now but Ill try it again. And sorry bout it not making sense. . I'm not a great writer. but It made sense to me.. hAHA
Old 02-09-2012, 09:56 AM
'23 T-Bucket Pickup

Last wiki edit: Troubleshooting ignition Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane
It sounds to me like the cat is dying, or is dead.

Now go back and read your post and if you can make any sense out of it, let us know.

OH! Welcome to the site, we love to help when we can understand what we are told.

Bob
Bob, I'll have to admit that my brain hurts after reading that. Have someone read that aloud to you. Sounds like a good dialogue for a comedy show. Big Al
Old 02-09-2012, 11:36 AM

....yea, I guess...
Old 02-09-2012, 12:00 PM

Last journal entry: fish carb
Last photo:

I really like it when Gracie sings White Rabbitt!!!!
Good fades dont die,they just truck away!

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.