Hot Rod Forum banner

My 9inch rear end disc brake setup.

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  1937FordCoupe 
#1 ·
I just thought i'd share about my rear disc brake setup i installed on my 37 Ford. I'm still in the stages of building my 37 and i intially installed drum brakes because it was cheap and the parts were already there. Well i got lucky and for Xmas received a set of rear disc brake conversion brackets for my 9inch Ford rear. The brackets i got were from an Ebay seller Doug100, i believe he has a website as well www.doug100.com. The brackets were very sturdy and came with all the hardware needed to install them on the rear end. The setup uses 11" Lincoln rotors, and early 80's style Caddy rear calipers with built in parking brakes. The brackets fit great and lined up perfectly on the housing and the calipers. The nice thing about the way the brackets are designed is they can be flipped any direction in order to get the caliper in a position that'll work for you. I need to put the calipers in a 5 o'clock position to clear my body/frame rails and rear sway bar. I received only the brackets from him, and with a little searching i pieced together the rest of the setup. The total cost including the brackets (if i had payed for them :p ) would of ran $300. To me this was a great deal, and will look great behind some large Torque Thrust II's or Cragars when i get to that point. I was just very happy with the setup and i wanted to post to let others know about this option. Here are a few pics of the setup.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/670773/5

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.