Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - My brothers old 65 Gran Sport conv in Muscle car Enthusiast.
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 08:48 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,332 Times in 1,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1supersport
Did I read the article correctly when it said "the car was painted by Russ' brother..."? Was that you? The paint held up really well after 25+ years!!
Yep, we did a full frame off restoration. I painted EVERY SINGLE part on that car. We are talking EVERYTHING, frame, control arms, engine, rear axle, conv top, steering wheel, EVERYTHING.

My brother does nothing but the best. I am not talking your typical restoration here, he is a NUT. Every power window motor and switches NOS, mouldings and trim and emblems all over (not every one, but MANY) NOS, EVERYTHING rebuilt from the rear end diff to the speed-o-meter.

He found impossible to find stuff. The fan shroud for these cars was only found on a Gran Sport 65 only, and only if it had A/C. He found two NOS shrouds, one went on the car, the other he sold to a guy who now repros them, using it as the buck for his mould. There wasn't jack for repro parts in those days, the rop window rubber, all original where he hunted down perfect pieces.

We aret talking down to every wheel stud, new. It was as close to a NEW car as you could have gotten.

He sold it around 1995? Something like that, and only got $11K as I remember. ONLY because it was a Buick, it was worth about half of a Chevelle, what a shame.

Brian