My buddy got in the Good-Guys Gazette! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,076 Times in 959 Posts
My buddy got in the Good-Guys Gazette!

My friend Steve called me all excited that he got his Good-Guys Gazette (I haven't received mine yet darn it) and he was in it!! WHOO HOOO! He was so damn excited about it. In the caption Kirk didn't make it enough about STEVE for my taste but Steve doesn't seem to mind.

When I think of the modifications I had to make to the car to get him in, it's NOTHING compared to how hard this man works just to survive everyday. That Saturday morning when I made the grab handle for him we met up with at the show (He rode in the Rambler the next day) and we had lunch. All I could think of was how he had a harder time eating lunch, he had to work harder at eating his friggin lunch than I did making that grab handle! That is the cold hard facts of all of my "work" I had to do to get him in there. It isn't CRAP, I did NOTHING compared to him and how hard it was to just get in that car, even with the mods. I am honored to have been a part of it and we will be going to many more!

Brian

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2012, 12:18 PM
NEVER SATISFIED !!

Last photo:

I'm sure Steve is proud to say " This is my friend, Brian ". It sounds like you are a great person to be around.

Love the Rambler too !!

454 RATTLER
Old 07-01-2012, 02:29 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

Hey Brian,

Good Karma on you!!
Old 07-01-2012, 09:38 PM

Last photo:

Very excellent! I had an older lady friend when I was in my 20's that was blinded in a car wreck and used to take her out in my fist '57 Chevy. It made me as happy as her to see her smile. Good on you for treating someone well. It is what makes this a great site. Thanks.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,076 Times in 959 Posts
It's pretty funny he has showed that grab handle to everyone who will listen when I am around with the car. He has been calling me about local shows near us and I have been so burned out from work I haven't been able to take him. But he still goes in his van and then reports back to me on what the show was like. I am hoping so much that I can get him in the Gran Sport and show him what it's like to smoke them tires.

Brian
Old 07-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

My internet has been down Brian. Just saw this. I am pleased for you and Steve both. You both have to enjoy the coverage in the Gazzette. I know myself and all the guys on here admire what you did. Especially since your only motivation was to bring a little joy into Steve's life and not for personal recognition or glory. I look forward to getting my Gazzette. Has not arrived yet. Good friends are special.

john L

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.