Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - my buick
Thread: my buick
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004, 03:48 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Question my buick

Hi everyone I am new to this site and basically I was wondering if anyone may have some useful info . Before I ask my question I would like to say I in general am a gm fan from buick to pontiac, and I know there are people who are mainly into only certain vehicles wether it only be buick or chevy and these people tend to get a little antsy about certain things so when I ask my question I hope it does not affend buick or chevy ethusiast, after all sometimes building a hot rod is all about working with what you have and also a budget . I built a 383 stroker motor when I was in college I spent a lot of time looking for a vehicle to put it in and just when I had givin up hope I aquired a 1986 buick regal limited body it didn't have an engine or anything . I myself think of the regals to be somewhat of a sporty car . I mean when it come to t-types an gn's who can argue those a some awsum cars . If I would have known that I was going to get a buick regal I would have loved to built a nice nail head or turbo charge a v6 but like I said I already had the stoker and thats what i am working with so basically I was wondering if anyone might be able to offer any info . I have never put a chevy into a buick or an olds . The main thing I am having problems with is the is headers and some of the wiring, mainly wires come from wiring harness, I did not take the engine out and do not what wires go where . I have found what I think to be my starter wires and my alternator wires but the rest of the wires are beyond me . I basically need to know what kind of headers I can use because I bought some dynomax headers specifically for that car app. but they did not work well let me refraise that, one side worked and the other side did not , passenger side would not work the starter and the frame would not let it so there you have it . They are not extreme problems but if someone could help it would be greatly appreciated. So hopefully know one gets offended . Sorry about righting a book .