Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Is It My Computer Or Is This Site Really Slow
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 01:34 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Is It My Computer Or Is This Site Really Slow

OK...I joined this site in September 2012...it's been great and right from the beginning I've had a good time. So one day in November, I'm on the site, my computer freezes...I need to reboot to get it to work again...2 days later...I'm here looking around and it freezes again...I reboot, nothing, reboot and low and behold the site comes back up. A week goes by and the same thing happens...I'm not a computer genius or even close, so I call my neighbors kid (isn't it always the kids that have the answers for stuff like this) and he looks at my computer and tells me that what I was using was only one step above an etch-o-sketch and that I needed a knew computer.

I accept his advice and go out and shop for a new computer...I'm talking to the sales guy...who looks to be about the same age as my neighbor's kid and really knows his stuff. I tell him what happened and what I would be using the computer for and he suggest a model that he guarantees it has more memory than my wife and is the closest thing to the new LS9 engine from GM for speed and that I would need seat belts and a helmet if I bought this model.

I bought the computer along with a 4 strap harness for my chair and luckily the helmet I bought matched the tennis ball on top of my antenna and took it home. So here I am, all strapped in, ready for take off and the first site I go to is Hotrodders.com...what happens? It freezes up, I'm at the Christmas tree, I dumped the clutch at 6 grand anticipating a good launch and all I did was sit there and spin my hard drive....reboot and I'm on the site.

This happens about twice a day (depending on the day) and I'm wondering if anybody else is having this problem? It seems to work fine on other sites...Ebay, All my supplier's sites, Real Housewives of Chattanooga and so on. Love to hear if others are having the same problem or if it's just me.

Ray