Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - My first 350 build
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 11:36 PM
Yada Yada Yada

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I have hit a stock GM SB block and GM cast crank with a 600hp shot and make over 1300hp.
When the tune is right, it lives. When the tune is wrong it comes unglued and a SHP block will not change that.

Ive done this (doubled the horsepower with nitrous) with a real simple BBC stock cast crank forged pistons too. You have to actually do something wrong to bust a motor with nitrous. Its that simple.

When we did the SBC the only time we had problems at all was when the tune was wrong.
Some will tell you, you cannot sleeve a 400 block. I know for a fact this is BS. My friend got real good at it. (yup, when the tune was wrong, just like I said would happen, when the tune is wrong.)

I'll say it again, the same as I told him will happen.. When the tune is wrong you will bust parts. When the tune is right
you will not bust parts and you will go fast, without havoc. And not bust parts. I've proven it before and he proved it too.

Note this stock GM sb block had 4 bolt splayed caps added and quality machining but was other wise stock.
The crank was stock GM cast with proper preparation and Cryo treat. "iced"
At tear down inspection, The only time there was even a hint of stress was when the tune up was not right.

Never had a block or crank failure on any other nitrous motor. I have no problem doubling the horsepower on nitrous.

I like "reliable power" and do not use expensive parts.

if you want risk free, you are in the wrong hobby and best stay on the porch.

Last edited by F-BIRD'88; 11-24-2012 at 12:00 AM.