My First Day With Mr. Hiboy - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2006, 12:37 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

My First Day With Mr. Hiboy

I'm in love. He's a bit of a bad boy (has that Bad Boy good looks the girls go crazy for) but deep down he remains a gentleman who knows how to be gentle and has not yet let me down.

When I call for him he is right there for me. Oh and did I mention? He has lots of BALLS...

Yes I am in love and I think him and I will be very happy together

Mr. Hiboy was delivered by seller at 2PM, he drove it the 60 miles of freeway traffic (which was a good test) and mr. Hiboy arrived fresh as a can be, running cool (160F) and asking for more. We put him up on the rack and took a good look at his underwear only to find they were quite a bit crusty and needed a good dry cleaning hehe. Yop, there is definitely a lot of little things to be fixed, changed, seals leaking, stuff rusting, but the most important will be the break master cylinder which looks on its last leg and will be my first expense. (more on this later)

Money changed hands and so did keys hehehehehe. Every mechanic at Courtesy Chevrolet (where my boyfriend works) left their stalls to come and take a look at Mr. Hiboy. "NICE!" was the common word that seemed to pop out of their mouth as soon as their eyes hit the roadster. Sounds like music to me!

I drove Mr. Hiboy from Thousand Oaks to Simi Valley and was on CLOUD NINE. Words can't even describe just how ESTATIC I was and how enchanted I was with the driving experience. The weather Gods were on my side and it was PER-FECT mix of sun and wind.

Mr. Hiboy is VERY SMOOTH, shifting smoothly, steering easily, purring quietly. My feather gentle foot barely carressing it's gas pedal, we cruised at a lovely 40 to 50 mph speed on side streets for about 30 min and everyone was looking at the both of us hehe, someone gave me a thumbs up (my first one!) and overall i think everyone was surprised to see a woman at the wheel.

At a red light, the car next to me was chomping at the bit so when the light turned green, I decided to see what Mr. Hiboy got . I think I only pressed the pedal halfway and he gave me a roar, tires started screetching and next thing I know everyone looked very small in my rear view mirror LOL - I guess the boy has balls when needed. As for the guy who was chomping at the bit? Well, not sure, he ate my dust and we never heard of him or saw him again

I then took Mr. Hiboy to my boyfriend's dad who just bought one 2 months ago, (the expensive modern version of a Deuce with lots of remotes and gadgets - his is show quality). I took him for a ride in Mr. Hiboy and he was very impressed by just how smooth it rides and how tight it feels and steers. Then I enticed him to take his show Deuce out of the garage and take it for a spin with us. So both hiboys drove into the sunset and we caused quite a commotion in the neighborhood hehehe. We then stopped for some food. HOW FUN!

Came out of the restaurant to find out it was pitch dark and COLD. No worry I had packed accordingly. Put my aviator jacket on, a blanket on my legs (I was wearing a skirt BRRRRRR), a wool beenie and I was good to go. I have a heater so I turned it on. even without top, it seems to keep my legs warm under the blanky. The headlights and rear end lights were tested that night as I drove the Santa Susanna pass back to Woodland Hills. This is a windy pass and I was hoping Mr. Hiboy's steering and breaking system would not let me down (more like: PRAYING they would not let me down hehe).

We made it home safely and pulled in the garage for the first time. After I wiped his black primered body off I turned off the garage lights and simply told him:

" Sweet dream my love and WELCOME HOME"

Advertisement

Last edited by Higirl; 08-16-2006 at 12:43 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2006, 01:12 PM
Lost in the 60's

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

If you think that first thumbs up felt good..............its a whole lot better when you get it in a hot rod that you built yourself. But like I said once before...Hotrodding or being a hot rodder is not just owning a Hot Rod...Its a State of mind.

Last edited by Henry Highrise; 08-16-2006 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:20 PM
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Highrise
But like I said once before...Hotrodding is not just owning a Hot Rod...Its a State of mind.
Well said Enjoy your ride Higirl, sounds like you will be having fun.

Vince
Old 08-16-2006, 02:07 PM

Last photo:

Congrats,When will we see the pictures
Old 08-16-2006, 04:51 PM
It seemed like a good idea????

Last journal entry: Wheels
Last photo:

Did anyone else get a little hot reading that post?????

Looks great!!!!

love to see women in hotrods, the only better one Ive seen is my wife in her 61 Cad.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:47 PM

Last photo:

Okay, 2 hours and I'm back now.

Had to do a little passionate interlude with the girlfriend afte reading this thread.

Man that higirl is working the wrong job. She sure knows how to put some "Interest" in a car story.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:08 AM
Violating consensual reality

Last journal entry: '64 hood
Last photo:

Cool on the heater, you'll need it. What's this line or hose between the number 6 & 8 spark plugs? I've never owned a SBC.

Strummin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04330a.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	14171  
Old 08-17-2006, 10:16 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

heater hose ...
Old 08-17-2006, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higirl
I'm in love. He's a bit of a bad boy (has that Bad Boy good looks the girls go crazy for) but deep down he remains a gentleman who knows how to be gentle and has not yet let me down.

When I call for him he is right there for me. Oh and did I mention? He has lots of BALLS...

Yes I am in love and I think him and I will be very happy together

Mr. Hiboy was delivered by seller at 2PM, he drove it the 60 miles of freeway traffic (which was a good test) and mr. Hiboy arrived fresh as a can be, running cool (160F) and asking for more. We put him up on the rack and took a good look at his underwear only to find they were quite a bit crusty and needed a good dry cleaning hehe. Yop, there is definitely a lot of little things to be fixed, changed, seals leaking, stuff rusting, but the most important will be the break master cylinder which looks on its last leg and will be my first expense. (more on this later)

Money changed hands and so did keys hehehehehe. Every mechanic at Courtesy Chevrolet (where my boyfriend works) left their stalls to come and take a look at Mr. Hiboy. "NICE!" was the common word that seemed to pop out of their mouth as soon as their eyes hit the roadster. Sounds like music to me!

I drove Mr. Hiboy from Thousand Oaks to Simi Valley and was on CLOUD NINE. Words can't even describe just how ESTATIC I was and how enchanted I was with the driving experience. The weather Gods were on my side and it was PER-FECT mix of sun and wind.

Mr. Hiboy is VERY SMOOTH, shifting smoothly, steering easily, purring quietly. My feather gentle foot barely carressing it's gas pedal, we cruised at a lovely 40 to 50 mph speed on side streets for about 30 min and everyone was looking at the both of us hehe, someone gave me a thumbs up (my first one!) and overall i think everyone was surprised to see a woman at the wheel.

At a red light, the car next to me was chomping at the bit so when the light turned green, I decided to see what Mr. Hiboy got . I think I only pressed the pedal halfway and he gave me a roar, tires started screetching and next thing I know everyone looked very small in my rear view mirror LOL - I guess the boy has balls when needed. As for the guy who was chomping at the bit? Well, not sure, he ate my dust and we never heard of him or saw him again

I then took Mr. Hiboy to my boyfriend's dad who just bought one 2 months ago, (the expensive modern version of a Deuce with lots of remotes and gadgets - his is show quality). I took him for a ride in Mr. Hiboy and he was very impressed by just how smooth it rides and how tight it feels and steers. Then I enticed him to take his show Deuce out of the garage and take it for a spin with us. So both hiboys drove into the sunset and we caused quite a commotion in the neighborhood hehehe. We then stopped for some food. HOW FUN!

Came out of the restaurant to find out it was pitch dark and COLD. No worry I had packed accordingly. Put my aviator jacket on, a blanket on my legs (I was wearing a skirt BRRRRRR), a wool beenie and I was good to go. I have a heater so I turned it on. even without top, it seems to keep my legs warm under the blanky. The headlights and rear end lights were tested that night as I drove the Santa Susanna pass back to Woodland Hills. This is a windy pass and I was hoping Mr. Hiboy's steering and breaking system would not let me down (more like: PRAYING they would not let me down hehe).

We made it home safely and pulled in the garage for the first time. After I wiped his black primered body off I turned off the garage lights and simply told him:

" Sweet dream my love and WELCOME HOME"
Okay so my question is ,did you grab a pillow and blanket and spend the first night in the garage with him ? Johnny

Last edited by 1939d2/s10; 08-17-2006 at 10:45 AM.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:30 AM
Certified Lead Foot

Last photo:

Right kewl.

Just don't too much.

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.