My first hot rod project.Lot's of questions - Page 5 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2013, 05:31 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Please do not use Painless .I put bigger speaker wires in than they use for the tail lamps. Hay Wire E-series

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to 46streetrod For This Useful Post:
stefanP (07-14-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2013, 07:17 AM

Last journal entry: 41 chevy frame on the move.
Last photo:

Well,all the front end components are bolted in place.Now I have to prime and paint the "A" arms and any related parts that will not receive paint once bolted in place.Also need to decide on what chassi paint will be used.My local napa deals sells the Bill Hirshire chassi black .Also have been looking at Eastwood paints.Stay tuned and stay koooooooooool.90 + HUMIDITY all next week here in Connecticut.
stefanP
Old 07-21-2013, 07:13 AM

Last photo:

front end complete(so far)

PLEASE READ ALL PAPER WORK WITH YOUR NU PARTS Well everything is on the front end as far as I can go. You needto purchase or make your own struts in place of the springs IF your building your car from frame up.CE say NOT TO INSTALE SPRINGS UNTIL CAR IS COMPLETE!!!. So next for me is to get the rear spring mounts and shackels installed.Then we paints the whole thing!!!!!!!!!!:coo l: stay toon.........
stefanP
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	41chevy part2 003.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	380.4 KB
ID:	75858   Click image for larger version

Name:	41chevy part2 004.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	324.7 KB
ID:	75859  
Old 07-05-2014, 04:22 PM

Last photo:

Slite updates.

OH Ya almost one year but not much to show I have the chassi outside through the weather and the front spindels got rusty.So I just cleaned them up and put on a rubber protective coating.I purchased the stuff at harbor freight tools.Suppose to be a tool coating.Anyway I see if this protects the spindels.Anyway I purchased most of my Street Rod Head Quarters.But all the rubber components like ball joint rubber covers and the leaf spring rubbers are all cracking badly.No I'm not happy.Has anyone else experienced this?? I'm taking pictures and sending them back to SRH to see what they say.The frame has only been through one newengland winter on t he rottiserrie!! I can't imagine what will happen whe I start to drive the car!!
stefanP
Old 07-06-2014, 07:35 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Well those parts weren't designed to sit out in the weather year around. Everything that is sitting out should be covered, painted, and greased where necessary. Why not get some cheap plastic tarps and wrap the project up over the winter, and duct tape it on to hold it? All the bare metal that got the rubber coating will more than likely be a real pain to remove later, and if all the rust wasn't cleaned off, it will rust from underneath the rubber coating.

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.